Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Two men robbed at gunpoint for their six-pack in front of Benny's Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
You remind me of someone who I thought was long gone from this website!

What do you mean by that?

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:45

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Two men robbed at gunpoint for their six-pack in front of Benny's Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the kind words "JerseyCityNj" -- you remind me of someone who I thought was long gone from this website!

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Does Bush pay all the newspapers a commission on how many times they can incorporate the word 'terrorist' or similar in their news articles? - without fail the need to instill FEAR in peoples minds leading to an election will not help him, the republicans or the unnecessary prolonged justification for the war in Iraq.

Would the JJ reporters use another word PLEASE!

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is not Bergen Lafeyette it is Greenville, not only is it Greenville its a long way from Bergen Lafeyette. I remember a while back someone posted a link to a map of the Jersey City neighborhoods for you because you do this so often why dont you save that site and use it next time and if your still not sure where a neighborhood is rather then guess just dont post the neighborhood at all.

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Black dropped his gun to the ground

too bad.

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:10

Greenville: Two men robbed at gunpoint for their six-pack in front of Benny's Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man faces multiple charges after robbery
Monday, July 16, 2007

A Jersey City man was charged with robbery, possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes and two counts of terrorist threats after flashing a gun at two victims before taking their money, a cell phone and six bottles of beer, and threatening a police officer Friday night, police said.

The incident happened in front of Benny's Bar, between Danforth and Ocean avenues in Jersey City.

Daniel T. Black, 19, of Greenville Avenue, approached the victims, a 26-year-old man from Jersey City and his male friend, whose age and address are unknown, while they entered their car, police said. Black pointed a .22-caliber Western Derringer two-shot handgun at the duo, who just purchased six 22-ounce bottles of Corona beer at the bar, located on 120 Danforth Avenue, police said.

Black demanded the victims' belongings, which totaled $120, a Nokia cell phone and the beer, which dropped to the ground. Black also stole the car keys, the car's stereo and several CDs, police said.

The victims called the police and jumped into the police vehicle in a search for the suspect, police said.

They saw Black at the corner of Linden and Danforth avenues and proceeded to arrest him.

Black pulled his small hand gun out and the police officer withdrew his own service weapon, police said. Black dropped his gun to the ground, while a police officer kicked it and another officer subdued him, police said.

Black refused arrest and even threatened the other officer's life, which merited the two counts of terrorists threats.

BERNETTE PEARSON

Posted on: 2007/7/17 22:08

Edited by GrovePath on 2007/7/17 22:38:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017