Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cop pleads guilty, resigns from force, faces no jail time
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
He can drive Queen Sandra now. She likes to employ felons.

Posted on: 2007/6/19 19:15

Re: Cop pleads guilty, resigns from force, faces no jail time
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Cop pleads guilty, resigns from force, faces no jail time

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
NEWHOUSE NEWS SERVICE

Sentencing for Hashmi, formerly the driver for the late Jersey City Mayor Glenn D. Cunningham, is set for Aug. 31. Under yesterday's plea, he also is barred from holding any future public employment in New Jersey.

That's horse-siht, I bet he can apply for a job through the City's felon program. He could appeal and show that there are felons with worse crimes being allowed to work for the City.

This is why I am an advocate for NO CITY JOBS FOR FELONS.

Posted on: 2007/6/19 13:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
NEWHOUSE NEWS SERVICE

A 12-year veteran of the Jersey City Police Department pleaded guilty yesterday to attempted theft by deception charges and resigned his position on the force, authorities said.

In exchange for the guilty plea, Monmouth County prosecutors will recommend Officer Dean Hashmi receive a term of probation but no jail time.

Hashmi, 37, of Ocean Grove, was charged in November with filing a false police report about his car being stolen. Police said he intended to try to collect insurance by abandoning the heavily damaged vehicle in an Eatontown parking lot.

Sentencing for Hashmi, formerly the driver for the late Jersey City Mayor Glenn D. Cunningham, is set for Aug. 31. Under yesterday's plea, he also is barred from holding any future public employment in New Jersey.

Hashmi was arrested a second time when a stolen police radio was found in his locker, according to reports. Eatontown police said Hashmi called cops there last November at 8:30 p.m. saying he had parked his 2000 Audi at the Monmouth Mall and after shopping came back to find it gone.

Police put out an alert and got a quick reply from Hillside police saying they found it more than an hour and a half earlier.

Hashmi told police he parked it at the mall between 6:30 and 6:45 p.m. and Hillside cops said they found the heavily damaged car at 8 p.m

Posted on: 2007/6/19 13:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017