Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: West Side: woman beaten by teen 'wolfpack' as others cheered.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Send the Murray dude from the gun shop out to partol the street. With his trigger happy finger and ability to remain calm and communicate in a polite manner, he'll clean up the streets or run out of bullets!

Posted on: 2007/5/21 10:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Tankstelle wrote:
Quote:

trp3 wrote:
i hope all the kids responsible die.

Agreed.

Amen.

I tend to support strict gun laws, because I think most people are more likely to shoot their relatives or themselves than to use the guns for anything worthwhile.

But if anyone with or without a proper permit shot these kids deads, I would really want a chance to serve on the grand jury and just so that I could vote to refuse to indict the shooter. And just so that I could vote for the prosecuting attorney to send the shooter a bouquet and a thank you letter from the people of New Jersey.

Posted on: 2007/5/21 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_139231103.html

Jersey City Woman Savagely Beaten For $2.50

Andrew Kirtzman
CBS Reporting

(CBS) JERSEY CITY A Jersey City woman is recovering from horrible facial injuries after being beaten by a group of teenagers, while others watched and cheered them on.

Five days after her attack, Jane Congema is finally able to walk again. On Monday, eight teenagers jumped her from behind while she was walking down a Jersey City street and beat her savagely.

"They got me in a chokehold, threw me to the ground and were searching through my body like I was a dead person,? said Congema. ?Gimme your money, gimme your money [they said]. All I had was $2.50."

They broke her cheekbone and fractured her eye so badly she still can't see with it. Congema says she's just the latest victim of maurauding, violent teenagers who've terrorized her neighborhood.

"The other kids were gathered around, screaming get her, get her money, make sure you get all her money,? said Congema.

The Jersey City Police have denied that so called "wolfpacks" are a major problem here, although residents tell a different story. The department declined repeated requests for information about the situation today.

The extent to the crime problem in Jersey City is evident by simply looking around. Some of the houses here have such elaborate gates, they look like jails."

At Giovanni's Pizzeria not far away from where Congema was attacked, the owner says the problem of youth crime is getting worse.

"Two weeks ago the cops picked up someone here with a gun, he had a colt 45 or something, right outside here,? said pizzeria owner Giovanni Bovino.

A nearby resident says that teenage gangs have made it hazardous to walk around at night.

"If you're just walking, you gotta be alert, look at your back all the time, because the place, really, not good."

It's a lesson that Jane Congema learned the hard way.

Congema says police have told her they have apprehended seven suspects in the case, though officials have not confirmed.

Posted on: 2007/5/20 12:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/20 13:59
Group:
Banned
Someone better run, which one of us!
???

Posted on: 2007/5/20 2:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 2:15
Group:
Registered Users
Pussies beating up an old woman. Pathetic. Jersey City needs to clean up the streets. Giuliani for Mayor!!!.. oh wait.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 17:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well wouldn't it be great if some lawyer(s) actually dedicated some time to help these victims, help the community of Jersey City, and help the good of the nation as a whole by lending a legal hand in the matter - but perhaps seeing the wolfpack kids grow up and die before this actually happens is more likely - shame, oh well - dare to dream!

Posted on: 2007/5/19 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I for one have no legal experience, but just a general rule of thumb to know right from wrong. My question is, could this woman or victims in general, bring civil action against these kids or assailants once they are caught. Regardless if they have no money or not, it will be a debit hanging over their heads for life. This will have a greater impact then some small amount of time in a lock-up.

That's an interesting idea. I don't have any legal knowledge either, but I think a victim probably can bring a civil suit against his or her attacker. (I'm thinking back to OJ Simpson...the Brown family lost the criminal case but won the civil case)
Many people probably don't pursue it because of the cost, or because they want the experience to just be over.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 17:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/31 21:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trp3 wrote:

Agreed.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I for one have no legal experience, but just a general rule of thumb to know right from wrong. My question is, could this woman or victims in general, bring civil action against these kids or assailants once they are caught. Regardless if they have no money or not, it will be a debit hanging over their heads for life. This will have a greater impact then some small amount of time in a lock-up.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 16:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/1 23:52
Group:
Registered Users
I encountered a "wolfpack" about three weeks ago on Kennedy and Virginia around 6pm.

A group of them (15?), ran across Kennedy Boulevard against the light, causing cars to come to a screeching halt and jumped on top of cars (hoods and roofs) while laughing.

One of them took a rock and threw it directly at my car, luckily only hitting the door. I called the cops.

Is there any safe time to be out on the street?

Posted on: 2007/5/19 16:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
This is absolutely appalling! Do we need to start our own wolfpacks to take back the streets? These kids are useless to society, useless to the world, useless to anyone - parents should be held accountable! The amount of cowardice is astonishing! I am speechless and incredibly angry at what this society has become. I am building a ship to sail us back to the old country - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
What a terrible story.
Does anyone know if JC has provisions for the uninsured? Sliding scale at the hospital, etc? Not only will this woman have to carry the memory of this attack with her for the rest of her life, she will likely still be paying the medical bills too.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed, these people are animals. Animals that add zero to society.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/5/19 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If you want to be a victim of crime, it appears that going shopping or walking around the streets on your own AFTER 12.00am is the time to be one. (even if its to reblemish your drug supply)
Yes, we should be able to wander the streets at anytime of the day, but you have to take into account the environment you live in and apply common sense!

If we could somehow arrange these 'wolfpacks' to prey on each other, so that they can feel the wrath and pain of an indiscrimate pack attack.

This issue sounds like a nasty game of human 'pac-man' but the ghostly figures always win.

PS. What happen to the Police rounding up all these young kids after a certain time at night?
Pull your finger out Comey!

Posted on: 2007/5/19 11:54

West Side: woman beaten by teen 'wolfpack' as others cheered.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
'OUT FOR BLOOD'
Beaten by 'wolfpack' as others cheered

Saturday, May 19, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City woman who was attacked by a pack of boys and girls early Tuesday morning suffered a fractured eye socket, broken jaw and a more than an inch-long cut over one eye.

"They are animals, a bunch of animals," Jane Congema, 44, of Jewett Avenue, said yesterday about three individuals who beat and robbed her of $2.50 at Summit and Jewett avenues, and the roughly five other individuals who rooted them on.

Congema said she walked to a store around 12:30 a.m. but found it closed. As she was making her way home, three boys jumped her and began punching her.

"As one of them pulled me down to the ground by my throat, he said, 'Where's your money?'

"They were going through my clothes like I was nothing, like I was a dead body," Congema said of the attack, which was one of several that night.

"There was a pool of blood and all I could think was 'Where is it coming from?'" said Congema, who said she escaped when the pack turned their attention to someone else.

As she stumbled home, an ambulance happened by and took her to the Jersey City Medical Center. There were so many fractures around her eye the doctors couldn't count them, she said.

Congema said she underwent her first surgery Tuesday and will need at least one more, but doesn't haven't health insurance to cover it.

At least two other violent robberies in the same vicinity took place early Tuesday morning. Police aren't certain if they are related.

"Tell Comey this was a 'wolf pack' - they were out for blood and they got mine," Congema said, referring to a previous story in which Comey took The Jersey Journal to task for labeling as a "wolf pack" a group of feuding teens.

Comey didn't quibble about the term yesterday. "We have combated these groups in the past and continue to do so now," Comey said.

The investigation to find Congema's attackers continues, police said.

Posted on: 2007/5/19 10:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017