Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Robert Troy's letter re: Stevie Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
My first thought was that this was a pretty odd letter coming from a defunct '80s Gansta Rap group best known for "F_uck tha Police". After using the Google, I still thought it a bit odd that the President of a 501(c)3 would use her organization as a soapbox to engage in politics.

Sadly, the letter speaks for itself.
Quote:

fronti wrote:
Thanks to Sonia over at NWA, a letter in today's JJ. This is the second largest city in New Jersey isn't it, and this is how our leaders act?

Makes me want to stay around town longer and help Fulop become mayor (or whatever city office he wants to run for)

Quote:

Sonia
NWA President

Default A Birthday Message for Steve Fulop

We thought the following letter from Retired Police Chief Troy, published in today's Jersey City Journal, says it well enough:

An open letter to Councilman Steve Fulop:

Happy Birthday Stevie. A year older usually translates to a year wiser, not in your case. You never fail to amuse, and I thank you for that.

I hope you are running for Mayor in 2009. You will have to talk about your accomplishments as councilman in Ward E, therein lies the problems. So far you don't have any, and it's getting late.

The bad news is Mayor Healy will teach you a valuable lesson, and you will lose. The good news is Ward E will get representation that other council members can take seriously.

Performance Review Survey, good one. I believe Mayor Healy and the council know full well what the problems are and the results of the last two years can't be challenged. You were quoted on three separate occasions trying to compare me with the current chief.

Stevie check your survey, there is no comparison. Jersey City now enjoys a substantially lower crime rate for many reasons, You or the current chief are not one of them. Comey's short tenure as Chief precludes anyone from criticizing or congratulating him. the crime results for 2007 will determine the current Chief's success or failure.

You stated you were using your survey to create a plan and a map to present to the council. I think it is safe to assume they are holding their breath in anticipation. You might want to incorporate your impression of "Chicken Little" like only you can at the presentation.

See you soon,
Robert Troy (Retired Chief, J.C.P.D.)

Posted on: 2007/3/14 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
What a load of crap 'short tenure', he was past of the 'brass' when Troy held the top dog position. Same policing style just different front man - nothing has changed.

I think the real test will come this spring.

Last spring, we started freaking out here because the streets downtown were getting to be pretty chaotic, but I think the police calmed things down by early in the summer. (Or else the tough-looking guys converging on Hamilton Park
realized they were getting too much attention and voluntarily went elsewhere.)

Posted on: 2007/3/13 6:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Comey's short tenure as Chief precludes anyone from criticizing or congratulating him. the crime results for 2007 will determine the current Chief's success or failure.

See you soon,

What a load of crap 'short tenure', he was past of the 'brass' when Troy held the top dog position. Same policing style just different front man - nothing has changed.

Posted on: 2007/3/12 23:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Brewster wrote:

Is he perfect and the third coming (after Obama), no. But he's the only JC politician I've met who hasn't depressed me, and my wife believes he got upper Coles repaved in response to her emails, that's an accomplishment.

The paving on upper Coles and Monmouth, was the former Councilman E. Junior Maldonado. We worked out a deal with the DOT that freed up $$$ to do additional roads in Hamilton Park. This was one of my projects the Councilman had me doing and following up on till his last days in office and after.

This was part of the numerous DOT construction project meetings the former Councilman Junior Maldonado arranged, attended by:
VVP, HC, HPNA, HPHNA associations, Lefrak and select departments from JC cityhall, the State and reps from Former Congressman Bob Menendezs office, to make sure downtown would receive it?s fair share for all the future inconveniencies that would happen during the massive DOT construction project currently taking place at the Holland Tunnel roadways.

Posted on: 2007/3/12 21:08

Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2007/3/12 21:34:11
Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2007/3/12 21:37:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

To much jerkin' the gherkin going on around here.

Oh, god: did I leave my blinds open again?

Posted on: 2007/3/12 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Mr Robert Troy, I love how you hung onto your RETIRED CHIEF J.C.P.D title. I'm thinking of including RETIRED CHALKBOARD MONITOR at the end of my name!

Here is a reality check for you - Your just a common man BOB TROY now. You personally, have less authority then a childrens crossing guard. Life's a bitch ain't it!

To much jerkin' the gherkin going on around here.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 20:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/19 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks to Sonia over at NWA, a letter in today's JJ. This is the second largest city in New Jersey isn't it, and this is how our leaders act?

Makes me want to stay around town longer and help Fulop become mayor (or whatever city office he wants to run for)

Quote:

Sonia
NWA President

We thought the following letter from Retired Police Chief Troy, published in today's Jersey City Journal, says it well enough:

An open letter to Councilman Steve Fulop:

Happy Birthday Stevie. A year older usually translates to a year wiser, not in your case. You never fail to amuse, and I thank you for that.

I hope you are running for Mayor in 2009. You will have to talk about your accomplishments as councilman in Ward E, therein lies the problems. So far you don't have any, and it's getting late.

The bad news is Mayor Healy will teach you a valuable lesson, and you will lose. The good news is Ward E will get representation that other council members can take seriously.

Performance Review Survey, good one. I believe Mayor Healy and the council know full well what the problems are and the results of the last two years can't be challenged. You were quoted on three separate occasions trying to compare me with the current chief.

Stevie check your survey, there is no comparison. Jersey City now enjoys a substantially lower crime rate for many reasons, You or the current chief are not one of them. Comey's short tenure as Chief precludes anyone from criticizing or congratulating him. the crime results for 2007 will determine the current Chief's success or failure.

You stated you were using your survey to create a plan and a map to present to the council. I think it is safe to assume they are holding their breath in anticipation. You might want to incorporate your impression of "Chicken Little" like only you can at the presentation.

See you soon,

Posted on: 2007/3/11 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:
The letter came accross as bitter and resentful. As someone else said earlier, it's supringsing a senior figure would put his name to such an embarassing diatribe.

It does seem as if people like Healy, Lipski and Troy act as if they're paid to show that Fulop is the only honest, intelligent politician Jersey City.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 7:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The letter came accross as bitter and resentful. As someone else said earlier, it's supringsing a senior figure would put his name to such an embarassing diatribe.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/3/11 3:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/24 22:26
Group:
Registered Users
donut eaters anonymous meeting musta' been cancelled

Posted on: 2007/3/11 0:40

Edited by kro on 2007/3/11 1:03:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
If by successfully getting a major bill passed by "playing ball" old school style: no.

I saw Fulop speak to a community group recently, and I was really impressed by what to me seemed to be his fairly impressive, detailed understanding of how the game is played in Jersey City. He's not running into trouble because he's an innocent who thinks that everyone around him is full of sweetness and light, and he seems to have very specific, plausible ideas about what buttons community groups have to press to get things done.

Fulop's attitude seemed to be that the best way to deal with corrupt politicians is not to deal with them, and instead to get new people in.

My naive, nonpolitical instinct would be to try to figure out if even really awful, corrupt politicians have some goals in common with the rest of us.

Example: LeFrak and Goldman may not want to pay for Jersey City to fight crime or improve its schools, but I'm sure they'd like Jersey City to fight crime and improve its schools. If the corrupt politicians here are puppets of LeFrak, Goldman, etc., is there some way to cut out the middleman and go to LeFrak and Goldman and the other puppetmasters and cut a deal that would help Jersey City without hurting the puppetmasters?

But maybe Fulop is avoiding that approach because anyone who tries to dicker with the puppetmasters ends up becoming one of marionettes.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

loucheNJ wrote:
Despite his adopting a tone that a third grader would be embarrassed to sign his name to, Troy's accusation that Fulop has accomplished nothing is, in my opinion, pretty close to accurate.

Depends on how you define accomplishment. If by successfully getting a major bill passed by "playing ball" old school style: no. If by shining a bright light on the slime, corruption, and self interest that pervades our gov't and showing not everyone is as jaded as our officeholders and that it doesn't HAVE to be the way it's been, I'd say yes.

Is he perfect and the third coming (after Obama), no. But he's the only JC politician I've met who hasn't depressed me, and my wife believes he got upper Coles repaved in response to her emails, that's an accomplishment.

Machine cogs like Troy hating Fulop is like roaches hating light, it shows them for what they are.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loucheNJ wrote:
Check out the letter in March 11th JC Reporter from Robert Troy (retired chief, JCPD) concerning Fulop.

Being the 10th today, does the JC Reporter have horse racing results for the 11th too!

Posted on: 2007/3/10 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Not in Fulop's defense so much as in criticism of Bobby Troy- don't forget the old saying about "he who is without sin."

Posted on: 2007/3/10 18:29

Robert Troy's letter re: Stevie Fulop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/19 21:47
Group:
Registered Users
Check out the letter in March 11th JC Reporter from Robert Troy (retired chief, JCPD) concerning Fulop. Sorry, it is not on line yet.

Despite his adopting a tone that a third grader would be embarrassed to sign his name to, Troy's accusation that Fulop has accomplished nothing is, in my opinion, pretty close to accurate.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 18:28

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy says -- "Stevie...has exhibited serious incompetence"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

agoodword wrote:
Let me ask a question. Can you do better?

Moot query; Troy is gone, or don't you read the papers!

Posted on: 2006/8/6 18:05
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy says -- "Stevie...has exhibited serious incompetence"

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/8/6 17:51
Group:
Registered Users
Let me ask a question. Can you do better?

Posted on: 2006/8/6 18:03

Re: Fulop Calls for Resignation of Police Chief Robert Troy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RABBITRABBIT wrote:
Quote:

communipaw wrote:

Nothing Of Importance

Shaddup.

Resized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2006/8/5 17:08
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Skadave wrote:
Even though I am not a fan of Troy or his comments he did not call Fulop a chicken, he called him "Steve Chicken Little". Meaning he is telling everyone that the sky is falling (he's actually telling everyone that crime is on the rise). Like I said it was uncalled for but he did not call him a chicken.

I stand corrected. I just looked it up. I'm not familiar with that fable. OK, so he called him chicken little and not chicken. Its still pretty ridiculous. He's mocking his concern over crime in the area. I think his other comment about having the GA go stand in front of his house was kind of implying he's a chicken. Either way, the guy is the chief of police and he's resorting to namecalling. I thought Fulop's refusal to stoop to that level in return was respectable. Someone with my level of maturity might have called him Chief Robert Poopypants in response.

Posted on: 2006/2/16 4:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
Even though I am not a fan of Troy or his comments he did not call Fulop a chicken, he called him "Steve Chicken Little". Meaning he is telling everyone that the sky is falling (he's actually telling everyone that crime is on the rise). Like I said it was uncalled for but he did not call him a chicken.

Posted on: 2006/2/16 3:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Todays J.J. story on the G.A. where Chief Troy called Steve Fulop a chicken was the most unprofessional thing i have ever read.This man is in charge of 85 million dollars of our money and he uses a newspaper to call an elected official names.What does Healy have to say about this and why is he not commenting about the G.A. being in town.

Agreed! It was ridiculous and childish, and didn't make sense. Now we call people "chicken" if they're worried about crime in their neighborhood? or, more accurately, expressing the concerns of their constituency about crime in the neighborhood? Almost funny if it wasn't the chief of police himself saying it. What an idiot.

Posted on: 2006/2/16 2:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/2 4:42
From The Chicken Co-operative
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Todays J.J. story on the G.A. where Chief Troy called Steve Fulop a chicken was the most unprofessional thing i have ever read.This man is in charge of 85 million dollars of our money and he uses a newspaper to call an elected official names.What does Healy have to say about this and why is he not commenting about the G.A. being in town.

I think Healy appointed him. His wife will hire him. It's Jersey City...

Posted on: 2006/2/16 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2006/2/16 1:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/9 22:02
Group:
Banned
2 words : Chuck Norris

Posted on: 2006/2/10 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. ANd being a personal friend of the mayor should not be a prerequisite for that job, and other appointments such as director of "autonomous" agencies.

Quote:

Nuada wrote:
We should have a wide open competition for chief that invites appplicants from, e.g., NYPD, Philadelphia, and Boston. I would strongly prefer an external appointment for the next chief.

Jersey City deserves the best and the brightest in its key governmental posts. Let's hire 'em!

Posted on: 2006/2/10 15:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/29 21:11
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It's time for Chief Troy to go.

Between his silences and his puerile outbursts against Fulop, he has shown himself to be a leader lacking in intelligence, charisma, and ability.

He obviously doesn't know how to effectively deploy the resources at his disposal. We need to be rid of Bobby Troy.

We should have a wide open competition for chief that invites appplicants from, e.g., NYPD, Philadelphia, and Boston. I would strongly prefer an external appointment for the next chief.

Jersey City deserves the best and the brightest in its key governmental posts. Let's hire 'em!

Posted on: 2006/2/10 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Today in the Jersey Journal Steve Fulop's response to Chief Troy's letter.

We need aggressive approach to crime
Friday, February 10, 2006
Letters to the Editor
The Jersey Journal
In light of the Chief Troy's letter last Feb. 2, I think this is an important topic to continue. The truth is that this discussion is not only about murders as the chief would have one believe. In order to not misconstrue my rationale for my request of the chief's removal, it was not based solely on the murder increase but it was based on an increase in most of types of violent crime such as rape, burglary, robbery, auto theft etc. The FBI crime statistics do not lie. They show Jersey City with an increase in crime, since Chief Troy has taken charge, of 11 percent. When comparing these numbers to other municipalities, Newark had a much smaller increase, while New York City showed a decrease of .5 percent and even Camden showed a decrease in violent crimes.

Furthermore, in the last year, Jersey City has dropped several spaces in the widely regarded Morgan Quinto rankings of safest cities. To me, our poor performance not only jeopardizes the safety of our residents, it jeopardizes property value, and it jeopardizes our standing in the region. Now, if we agree that there is an increase in crime, which I think is fairly difficult to dispute, then the question that needs to be addressed is WHY and who is accountable?

I have heard many times the chief's excuses for the increase in crime. I can't subscribe to the theory that the increase in crime is solely based on manpower because our police force numbers are relatively the same from the previous two administrations to Chief Troy - if anything, we have hired more police officers but there still seems to be less visibility. Furthermore, I can't subscribe to the excuse that crime is increasing everywhere in New Jersey because if you look at statistics of our neighboring cities, as cited earlier, several have shown a decrease.

To me, the issue is based in deployment changes from management. Chief Troy has taken many police out of uniform and placed them into plain clothes; furthermore, he has pushed for massive police promotions last year despite tax increases facing the city. As The Jersey Journal has cited in a recent editorial, it seems we have a very high number of supervisors to officers now. This is a pure management issue that the chief is responsible for. It is certainly never easy to put pressure on someone's job but the first priorities are too correct a wrong situation and have accountability.

In the last week since my request, Chief Troy has held more commander meetings. Furthermore, he has returned several walking posts, he has moved additional police details to night shifts that previously were not, he has shown up at several community meetings, and the police visibility has increased overall in many parts of the city. Although it has only been one week since pressure mounted, I think this is a step in the right direction.

Finally, when Chief Troy assumed his position in late 2004, he stood at the podium next to Mayor Healy and said "I've always believed in doing the right thing and being held accountable." We need to address crime aggressively in this city without excuses, and I wholeheartedly believe that mediocre performance in any government department is unacceptable.

STEVE FULOP

Here is a link to the letter

Posted on: 2006/2/10 14:52

Re: Musical Police Chiefs
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Skadave wrote:
I don't think 3000 people read this thread. . . i think the same 7 people read this thread 429 times.

um basically...

Posted on: 2006/2/7 20:38
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think 3000 people read this thread. . . i think the same 7 people read this thread 429 times.

Posted on: 2006/2/7 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bryhove wrote:
I'm sorry - if this ain't grandstanding; I don't know what is.
It's more than obvious the councilman has greater ambitions. I see this as nothing more than using a bad situation to gain personal acclaim.
Wow.What personal acclaim can he get.I think he's friggen nut's to take on the police chief.This is J.C.where corruption is legendary and having that many cop's mad at him is dangerous at the very least.
Perhap's his ambition is to simply have the man do his job.As someone else on this thread wrote,we are seeing an increase in police activity and public dialogue.3000 people have read this thread,are they not talking.
I belive he saw a bad situation and is trying to fix it.

Posted on: 2006/2/7 20:21

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017