Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City's Leaning Green

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/3/23 1:19
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, it is great news about the preservation of the Reservoir as open space. It's also a pleasure to stand with the Mayor on his choice of action. I also tend look to the down side on issues, however in this case I'll happily accept Reservoir 3 via any form of reasoning.
jcheights, I am an Embankment Park supporter and so I am interested in your comment regarding various additional influences in the city. Would you say more about that? It sounds as if you have some suggestions and I for one welcome them.
I am also curious about your thoughts on the individual city council member's perspectives. I think it is important to know where our elected officials stand on all sorts of issues.

Posted on: 2007/2/21 4:11

Re: Jersey City's Leaning Green
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/30 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
Thank goodness for the preservation of Reservoir 3. However, without being a pessimist, the passive park was considerably cheaper (by 5 or so million). Those interested in Embankment preservation may need to look at a variety of influences in the city. It was clear to me that not all of the council people supported Reservoir 3 sans ballpark, in fact, encouraged little league groups to petition to be integrated into the Reservoir plans.

Posted on: 2007/2/20 20:20

Jersey City's Leaning Green

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/26 0:50
Group:
Registered Users
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Jersey City is Leaning Green

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Letters to the Editor
The Jersey Journal

As a longtime resident who would like to see more city space allocated for park lands, I applaud the recent announcement by Mayor Healy to designate Reservoir 3 a passive green space.

There is a movement afoot in Jersey City.

Organized groups of community-minded residents are working together to help create a healthy environment in Jersey City for our families.

I hope the next announcement the mayor will be making is that the Embankment, which runs along Sixth Street in the Downtown area, will be purchased by the city with the millions of dollars in county and state green space funds already at its disposal. An Embankment park would be an asset to all. A world class city deserves a world class park.

TENESH WEBBER JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2007/2/20 14:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017