Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Cops say they caught 2 men in armed robbery, now looking for other possible victims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
YEP....

CK

Posted on: 2006/10/17 18:58

Re: Heights: Cops say they caught 2 men in armed robbery, now looking for other possible victims
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/30 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
Word.

Oh yeah, did I also forget to mention the illegal third apartments, and three cars parked on those driveways?

Wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you I've had a headache for weeks on this crud. All this joy, and more taxes, too!

Guess I just need to pay off my council person to listen.

; )

Posted on: 2006/10/17 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
You left out all the illegal drive ways, just go down hutton st between summit and sanford place, 98% of the homes have some sort of a drive way, I'll bet about 40% are actually zoned for them ...

Sounds like a quality of life matter, maybe a job for the NID ?????? LOL LOL LOL

WHAT A JOKE

CK

Posted on: 2006/10/17 17:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe I'm an optimist, but I certainly have put in my time in crappy neighborhoods....we are contacting all of the Heights neighborhood associations to try and work together. Crime's just the beginning. This scourge of illegal new garbage housing and tear downs of great homes on double lots is scary stuff. Houses covered with asbestos shingle? No problem, just fake it, and tear down without the proper permits.

Well, I was bored in Richmond.

Posted on: 2006/10/17 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Your absolutley right jc heights, we're dealing with the now, and that is the Heights, now sucks Ass, because it's allowed itself to go down the tubes, 1stly by the low grade stores on Central ave and then by your neightbors who don;t give a crap about their neighborhood .

Your the exception, not the majority...

CK

Posted on: 2006/10/17 16:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
CK,

Where are you getting your stats, except by general opinion? If you look at the police stats, the Heights is right on par with Jersey City-wide crime, in all areas.

We aren't dealing with 25 years ago for any neighborhood. It's all about what's happening now. And I report from experience that crime is city-wide--our block of Grand was a complete mess.

Posted on: 2006/10/17 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
For all Of those posters who have Illusions that the Heights is on the rebound, this story just scratches the surface on whats really going on there .

Use 2 be,25 years ago these 2 clowns would have never made it out of the heights if they dared to venture in .

What a shame .

CK

Posted on: 2006/10/17 14:38

Heights: Cops say they caught 2 men in armed robbery, now looking for other possible victims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
OTHER VICTIMS?
Cops grab 2 men in street robbery
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City cops say they caught two men in the act of an armed robbery in the Heights, and detectives are seeking the public's help locating other possible victims of the pair.

Tryell McKenzie, 24, of Bergen Avenue, and Jameel M. George, 20, of Heckman Drive, both in Jersey City, are charged with robbery, receiving stolen property, eluding police and weapons offenses, police said.

"After reviewing the reports on the blatant criminal activity that led to their arrest, we have reviewed other similar incidents over recent weeks and we believe these two suspects may have been responsible," Jersey City spokesman Stan H. Eason said yesterday. "We are asking other people to come forward if they believe they may have been victimized by these thugs."

Police patrolling Paterson Street off Central Avenue Saturday at 12:32 a.m. spotted the two men "surrounding" a 24-year-old man and realized they fit the description of men who committed an earlier armed robbery, reports said.

Spotting the police, the two men fled, with George running west on Paterson and McKenzie running into a nearby yard, reports said.

As they chased McKenzie, he threw away a semiautomatic handgun, which police later recovered. The gun had its serial number removed and was loaded with hollow-point bullets, reports said.

McKenzie was later found hiding under a porch and was arrested, police said.

Meanwhile, George was caught at Bleecker Street and Central Avenue and was arrested on three open warrants, then was taken to the North District Police Station, where he was identified as one of the two robbers, reports said.

The victim told police the two men put a gun to his head and took his cell phone and $25, reports said.

Anyone who thinks they may have been victimized by the pair is asked to call the police tip-line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2006/10/17 14:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017