Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 'Wolf Packs' Back? 2 Dickinson students beaten by huge violent gang of 40 students
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

"There's nothing happening in the school, but we can't follow the children all the way home," Dooley said. "We have enough cops in the school, but (Pavonia and Baldwin) is five, six blocks away."

Great, the principal apparently doesn't venture out of the school. Try 3 blocks away, not 5 or 6.

Posted on: 2006/9/19 10:14

Re: 'Wolf Packs' Back? 2 Dickinson students beaten by huge violent gang of 40 students

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/11 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
i hanged in jersey city in my teeange years and i was also attacked by a gang of about 14 kids there good at following you nad will find you it looks like this city always had this type of violence

Posted on: 2006/9/19 2:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcdowntownie wrote:
if i was a parent of a kid there i would be incredibly angry.

actually, if you were the parent of a kid there, you probably wouldn't give a shit. why do you think the kids run amok?

Posted on: 2006/9/18 17:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/25 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
why wasnt the "beater" suspended or charged with assault if they know who she is.
the police are just going to have to arrest her five years from now.
maybe if she was charged she might at least get some therapy.
if i was a parent of a kid there i would be incredibly angry.

Posted on: 2006/9/18 17:05

'Wolf Packs' Back? 2 Dickinson students beaten by huge violent gang of 40 students
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
'PACKS' BACK?
2 Dickinson students beaten after school
Monday, September 18, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The school year just started, but violent groups of students at Dickinson High School already have badly beaten two students just blocks from the school, authorities said.

A 17-year-old girl who attends Dickinson was attacked by as many as 40 people, relatives said, and a 14-year-old male relative who tried to come to her defense said he was attacked as well.

The girl suffered bumps, bruises and cuts to her head and body, and needed stitches to close a gash to her left ear, police reports said. The boy said he was beaten with a stick when he tried to help his cousin escape.

While being treated at the Jersey City Medical Center, the girl told police she was leaving school Wednesday afternoon when another 17-year-old female Dickinson student started arguing with her. That quickly turned into a huge fight at the corner of Pavonia and Baldwin avenues, she said.

The female victim said her attacker's friends held her down and punched and kicked her head and body. Meanwhile, her 14-year-old cousin tried to come to her defense but he too was attacked, saying he was knocked to the ground, kicked and punched and then beaten with a stick.

The female victim eventually broke free from her attackers and ran to a friend's house, where she called her father, who took her to the hospital. The boy said he escaped with scrapes and bruises, but added someone stole his cell phone from his pocket during the attack.

Deputy Superintendent of Schools Francis Dooley said during school hours, school crisis intervention workers noticed the two girls were having a problem and tried to defuse the situation, but could do nothing to prevent a fight that happens after school hours and off school grounds.

"There's nothing happening in the school, but we can't follow the children all the way home," Dooley said. "We have enough cops in the school, but (Pavonia and Baldwin) is five, six blocks away."

Dooley said school officials have now changed the girls' schedules so they won't be around each other at school.

At the end of the previous school year city police expressed concerned about "wolf packs" composed of violent students assaulting people at Dickinson.

Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey said he's spoken to merchants in the area to get a feel for the problems around the school.

"The chief and the superintendent are committed to working together to reduce these incidents," police Sgt. Edgar Martinez said.

Posted on: 2006/9/18 14:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017