Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NWA Hypocrit
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
Recently, some of her minions on the board started questioning her use of the race card and she promply deleted their posts as well.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 18:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just cruised over to that board to check out this lady's posts.

What's going on over there? Apparently they think that Steven Fulop is the root of all evil. It's pretty funy actually.

Is Sonia related to Junior Maldonado, that would explain a few things.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 13:43
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCLAW wrote:
Sonia is a medically-obese, middle-aged latina with a full-grown, unbleached, unwaxed moustache.

Be nice now! ::LMAO::

Posted on: 2006/8/15 7:42
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/27 4:28
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Me too.

I personally think the biggest NWA hypocrit had to be Eazy E, who once paid $2,490 for a plate at the 1991 Republican Senators Inner Circle luncheon.

His solo album, Eazy Does It, kicked as$, however.

LMFAO

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I so thought this was going to be an Eazy E Thread

Posted on: 2006/8/15 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
the issue isn't that people can't go there at all. The issue is that some people can't acces the road with their vehicles, and others can, and that the road is funded from the general trasury as a public access road. If it is funded that way, then that's what it should be. If it isn't that, then don't fund it that way. It seems to me that the folks down there want aprivate road, but don't want to pay for it.

I sort of like the idea of selling the road stub to the company that owns Portside, because that seems to be a clean way to solve the problem.

But it seems as if cities convert municipal property into parks all the time.

Example: a lot of us here want to convert the Reservoir into a park, and it seems as if a lot of piers along the Hudson, which were, essentially, roads for hand carts at one point, have been or are being turned into parks. I don't think turning the Reservoir or piers into parks is all that much different from turning a stub of road into a park.

I think another, bigger problem here is that some people (not Justiceiro, but other people) are plain turning this dispute into a chance to bash the people who live in Portside. I don't really care whether the road stub becomes a park, but I feel bad for the people in Portside who just like letting their kids play on the road stub. I wish there was less of a tendency for people to paint the wage slaves living in Portside as a bunch of evil plutocrats.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 3:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Sonia is a medically-obese, middle-aged latina with a full-grown, unbleached, unwaxed moustache.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 2:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
I've come across a woman from time to time in the neighborhood that is arrogant and rude, but doesn't have the aptitude to order a beer at a bar. (if you know what I mean)
She also shares the same name as this Sonia person that everyone is fond of!

Does anyone know what Sonia looks like ? - their personality and mind set is very similar.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 2:44

Re: Sonia the racist
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
It's genetic. Both she and her daughter are certifiably insane. If she comes into a store while you're in there better get out fast unless you want to be around for a psychotic/schizophrenic episode.

The woman has gone bananas. Constantly railing against Fulop and anything he supports - good or bad. Lucky for us at least the JC pols know she only represents about 10 people who are permanently circle-jerking on her website.

People think she is a Lefrak stooge but she isn't - in fact she is only a stooge for Comcast, who pays her off and pays 90% of the budget for her organization as a way of getting access into the Newport complex.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 2:14

Re: Sonia the racist
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/19 6:39
Group:
Banned
Come again?
Quote:

LostLaMancha wrote:
Sonia has the guts to bring race into question, saying that its is the the whites at Paulus Hook are trying to keep the streets away from the poor sections ( read black ) of the society. Lisa, Sonia's alternate identity, they are keeping "poor blacks" away from the propety.

Jeremyk thinks that Fulop has been paid to do this job, and Sonia thinks Fulop has "sold out the vets".

Sonia the great proponent of independent thinking is closed some threads so that Joshua can't reply to those. She insists that Joshua "Go our and play" while she is busy answering questions on the board and gets annoyed at JP for spoiling her day.

Just when you think they can't do any worse, they go ahead and fall down a couple of inches more.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 2:11

Sonia the racist
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/23 2:32
Group:
Registered Users
Sonia has the guts to bring race into question, saying that its is the the whites at Paulus Hook are trying to keep the streets away from the poor sections ( read black ) of the society. Lisa, Sonia's alternate identity, they are keeping "poor blacks" away from the propety.

Jeremyk thinks that Fulop has been paid to do this job, and Sonia thinks Fulop has "sold out the vets".

Sonia the great proponent of independent thinking is closed some threads so that Joshua can't reply to those. She insists that Joshua "Go our and play" while she is busy answering questions on the board and gets annoyed at JP for spoiling her day.

Just when you think they can't do any worse, they go ahead and fall down a couple of inches more.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/8 22:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BugsyBoy wrote:
Gosh darn! I thought this thread was going to be about Dr. Dre and Ice Cube.

Me too.

I personally think the biggest NWA hypocrit had to be Eazy E, who once paid $2,490 for a plate at the 1991 Republican Senators Inner Circle luncheon.

His solo album, Eazy Does It, kicked as$, however.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 15:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/30 17:08
Group:
Registered Users
Gosh darn! I thought this thread was going to be about Dr. Dre and Ice Cube.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
One can have a public road with pedestrian access only. And one can also make exceptions to that for limited access. As an example: 27th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue in Manhattan, which is pedestrian use only during most hours. But vehicular access is allowed for F.I.T. and the various tenants on the street to receive deliveries, etc. No one claims that F.I.T. and the landowners are "taking" the land.

Ultimately though, I thinkwe agree that the best thing is to simply convert the land into open space.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
It is quite a warped world when someone believes "I can't take my car there" translates to "I can't go there at all." That may fly in the suburbs, but not there.

the issue isn't that people can't go there at all. The issue is that some people can't acces the road with their vehicles, and others can, and that the road is funded from the general trasury as a public access road. If it is funded that way, then that's what it should be. If it isn't that, then don't fund it that way. It seems to me that the folks down there want aprivate road, but don't want to pay for it. Aside from slinging around the word "suburbs", how is that defensible? A serious question- please address it.

If you can't take your car down a public access road, that means its not a public access road. Wether its in the city, the suburbs, or a national park is irrelevant.

I'll quote from wikipedia, its not WESTLAW, but its cheaper:

" A public road is a road that is open to common use by the general population...the majority of paved roads are public, and traffic laws apply to them, for instance:

* speed limits
* drunk driving laws
* depending on the state, bicycles and pedestrians cannot be banned unless the road is limited access"

"A private road is a road owned and maintained by a private individual, organization, or company rather than by a government. Consequently, unauthorized use of the road may be considered trespassing, and some of the usual rules of the road may not apply. The most common type of private road is a residential road maintained by a homeowners association, co-op, or other group of individual homeowners. "

If its not used by vehicles, then its a public walk, or a park. This is funded differently, and maintained differently, than a public road. Given that the state of roads in JC is a disgrace, why are we wasting resources maintainng an asphalt road that is not used as a road?

Quote:

At this point, the city should just eliminate the street entirely, create a nice streetscape, and turn it into an extension of the park.

That would be fine- a public park open to the public, not a road open to some people's vehicles but financed by all.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
It is quite a warped world when someone believes "I can't take my car there" translates to "I can't go there at all." That may fly in the suburbs, but not there.

I don't live in Paulus Hook. I live in Van Vorst Park. I don't have kids yet and in any event wouldn't send them to play on a strip of asphalt.

There is no reason for Paulus Hook residents to pay for closing the street, since the public will still walk through there to enjoy the park and the memorial.

The city did not "take" a public street for private use (taking refers to the opposite anyway, you and Sonia are butchering property law). Rather, it converted a vehicular access strip which would hinder enjoyment of the park and memorial to a pedestrian access strip which enhances it. At this point, the city should just eliminate the street entirely, create a nice streetscape, and turn it into an extension of the park.

Obviously having open space benefits those who are closest to it, because they can enjoy it the most. But given that downtown Jersey City has some of the least amount of open space anywhere, to say that residents are a "special interest" for having a strip of asphalt cut off from vehicular access is laughable.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Her point is not essentially correct but fundamentally incorrect. There is a world of difference between deciding that a street should or should not have vehicular access and turning a public street into private property.

The street is still a public street. I can walk there (and do), you can walk there, Sonia can walk there. Anyone can take the light rail which is just a couple of blocks away. Anyone can take their car and park on any other street in Paulus Hook.

There were no "special interests" involved in this. There were residents of this city who realize that it would not be smart to have vehicular access to a cul de sac that abuts a memorial and a park.

Sorry JChurst, that's totally disingenious. Deciding that a street should not have vehicular access because you want your kids to play on it is essentially closing it off to the public as a street- a conduit for vehicles, which is why it was built, and why it was and is funded. I, you and Sonia, may walk there- but that's not what a street is for. That's what a sidewalk is for. Shall I lock down Grove Street or MArin and force you to find a different route to the tunnel, while justifying it by saying you can walk there? That doesn't wash. If I drag my condo association's BBQ grill onto my porch and say "I haven't confiscated it, you can all still use it set your beer on, just not for cooking" woudl that mean that I had not, in fact, appropriated it?

I also understand that the street is open for local residents who wish to park their cars in the complex, is that not correct? And if it is, then how do you define this as anything other than special interest?

The fact that its a cul-de-sac is irrelevant. Shall we bar vehicles from cul-de-sacs that abut shopping malls? These actually get more foot traffic than that park, which probably 20 people a year visit and most folks don't know exists.

I am well aware that its nice and pleasent for the folks there to have kiddie playground. I have no problem with that, if they pay for it. If you want the street, fine, pay to keep it up, or pay to turn it into a grassy field, or whatever. It irks me that we don't have the cash to install street lights, but we have the funds to maitnain the asphalt in a private road of some noisy toddler wavers.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Her point is not essentially correct but fundamentally incorrect. There is a world of difference between deciding that a street should or should not have vehicular access and turning a public street into private property.

The street is still a public street. I can walk there (and do), you can walk there, Sonia can walk there. Anyone can take the light rail which is just a couple of blocks away. Anyone can take their car and park on any other street in Paulus Hook.

There were no "special interests" involved in this. There were residents of this city who realize that it would not be smart to have vehicular access to a cul de sac that abuts a memorial and a park.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 12:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
wether she is "playing lawyer" or not, her point is essentially correct. Whether or not toddlers enjoy the asphalt, the fact is that a road financed by my tax dollars is not available for my use- a "public" road has essentially been appropriated for the "private" use of tenants of that particular set of buildings in Paulus Hook.

I don't have any direct interest in the matter, as I live close enough to walk to the park, and don't own a car anyway (my wife does). But, on principle, I hate when special interests screw the public and then wave their toddlers as a distraction, whcih si what is happening here.

The city should sell the street to the local residents for a nominal fee, and then they can pay for their private bicycle training ground.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 6:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, Sonia's still at it. Now she's playing pretend lawyer and telling forum members that closing off the street to car traffic constitutes a "private taking of public property."

Memo to Sonia. The property is public and remains so. I walked there the other day. No one arrested me or told me I couldn't go there. Plenty of other people enter the park or the memorial, and they are under no illusions that this park is private property.

Of course, this misconception of Sonia's could have been easily cleared up if she just listened to the several people who pointed out her error. Instead she went on one of her campaigns of banning those that disagreed with her. Shame on her.

I also note that NWA has injected itself into a matter in which the local neighborhood associations had diligently worked on in the past. This is an insult to the Historic Paulus Hook Neighborhood Association and their members. So much for NWA being a team player with the rest of the downtown neighborhood associations.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 2:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/19 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Sonia argues that by closing off the street Newport residents are denied parking for a visit to the Korean War Memorial and Liberty State Park. This makes no sense. It is a 10 minute walk from Newport to the memorial. The walk is along the water, and a very pleasant stroll. The walk from the Korean War Memorial to LSP is about 15 minutes, and is a circuitous route, thru the Sandbar parking lot, the grimy recycling plant driveway, and over the foot bridge into the park. Her motives are transparent.

And I like this gem:

The road on Washington Street is asphalt, and perfect for parking.

I was by that way yesterday, and the area that she speaks of was filled with kids, toddlers and their parents enjoying the open space. The asphalt road is a perfect place for bikes with training wheels.

That part by the memorial is part of LSP, even though there is no connection to the rest of the park, so I guess there is a point there, but I didn't see it.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 23:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
As for residential parking on PUBLIC ROADS I think is stupid, if your building has private parking then pay up and us it.
It is part of owning a car that includes insurance and maintenance.

Some of these residential buildings house 100's of people and any business in the area wouldn't have any parking for their patrons.

If the logic of residential parking on public roads is agreed, then the highrise business buildings could say the same and demand parking on the street for their 1000+ staff during working hours.
I bet they (businesses) pay higher taxes then any resident.

I think parking on PUBLIC ROADS should be time / meter restricted and a 'free for all' after 6pm.

As for the play area for children near the Korean War Memorial - what a great idea.
I live near by and it's a safe area for kids to play and learn to ride a bike.
I think a childs safety and enjoyment override any small area for cars - I think the people that fought would be sad to see an area like this converted for parking especially it being a dead end street!

Posted on: 2006/7/10 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sonia argues that by closing off the street Newport residents are denied parking for a visit to the Korean War Memorial and Liberty State Park. This makes no sense. It is a 10 minute walk from Newport to the memorial. The walk is along the water, and a very pleasant stroll. The walk from the Korean War Memorial to LSP is about 15 minutes, and is a circuitous route, thru the Sandbar parking lot, the grimy recycling plant driveway, and over the foot bridge into the park. Her motives are transparent.

And I like this gem:

The road on Washington Street is asphalt, and perfect for parking.

I was by that way yesterday, and the area that she speaks of was filled with kids, toddlers and their parents enjoying the open space. The asphalt road is a perfect place for bikes with training wheels.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 14:55

Edited by super_furry on 2006/7/10 15:13:39
Edited by super_furry on 2006/7/10 15:16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The funny thing is that whenever a remotely controversial issue arises on the NWA forum, Sonia or one of her allies immediately quashes the discussion by saying that it is "outside the scope" of the NWA because it doesn't effect Newport.

Amazing that NWA feels that creating dangerous vehicular access to a cul de sac in Paulus Hook is a matter of public concern, but they claim that they cannot speak out regarding the PAD, which is closer to Newport and would provide significantly more amenties than the war memorial.

I also really don't understand how Sonia can credibly say that her "constituents" are cut off from the park. They can easily take the light rail 4 stops to Essex Street and walk a couple of blocks to the memorial and the park.

Apparently Sonia believes she is entitled to curbside service to a memorial which she never cared about until she saw it as a chance to attack Steve Fulop. Perhaps she thinks she should be chauffered there as well.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 13:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
What's it matter anyways? Most of Sonia's "constituents" are either short-term residents that can't vote and those that are more than likely the ones that are registered to vote could care less because they just sleep in Newport but live in NYC.

Posted on: 2006/7/9 12:44

NWA Hypocrit
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/4 1:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone catch this Letter to the editor in yesterdays Jersey Journal?

http://www.nj.com/opinion/jjournal/le ... 52341117130630.xml&coll=3

I love how Sonia thinks metered parking is the solution to a neighborhood she doesn't live in, but was very much against metered parking in her neighborhood. This is what she wrote about it:

"Many of us have come to realize that parking in Newport is at a premium. Some of our residents cannot afford to pay for parking in the private garages, in particular some of the tenants who live in the subsidized housing in Presidential Plaza. Resident parking must come first. How dare Mr. Fulop suggests that metered parking for non-residents be made available at the expense of residents.

As for Steve Fulop, we have a special message. If it turns out metered parking is approved for Newport, every time a tenant feeds a quarter into one of the meters, we urge them to let it serve as a reminder that Steve Fulop is responsible for their tremendous inconvenience. We're certain all those quarters will remind tenants, over ,and over, and endlessly over again."

http://newportwaterfrontassociation.o ... wthread.php?t=1980&page=3

So she decides to side with the 5 vets. Can we assume because Steve Fulop was in favor of closing the street and giving the Vets permits. Something that the majority of vets and residents of that area agreed to?

Sonia should be doing something about the parking in her area for visitors. I can't tell you what a nightmare it is just to pick up my boyfriend's fathers mail while he's been in the hospital. The nearest garage we can park in is $5 for the first hour. There is a nice garage right behind his dad's building that is half empty. Don't understand why they can't dedicate some short term visitor parking spots there at a reduced cost.

Posted on: 2006/7/9 12:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017