Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Moving to Bergen Hill
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I lived on Belmont the next block over for many years. The area is not the greatest but it all depends on your tolerance level for urban areas. Monticello and Belmont up to Fairmount are all high drug areas, trust me. Astor is a little more quiet but far from crime free. If you mind your business and your not out on the streets at 2, 3am your fine. I became friends with a lot of people in the area. The neighbors in the area are pretty awesome, a lot of older people in this area that have been here forever and all friendly. Its an OK area I dealt with it for so many years because one I am used to areas like this and two, it was cheap! I now live further down in bergen Lafayette across from the Foundry and love it, its so quiet!

Posted on: 2011/7/10 18:42

Moving to Bergen Hill
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/22 22:59
Group:
Registered Users
Moving to Bergen Hill, scoped out the area a couple of times there are many blocks with row houses from the 1880's some seem to be getting renovated and in good shape. Anyone have more info on the area around Astor Place?

Posted on: 2011/7/10 17:56

Re: Where is Bergen Hill?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/4/11 22:29
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks CatsnDogs and Fasteddie, I'll check out the area with someone one of these days. Looking forward to checking out the houses and the old city hall. The map is really useful, Fasteddie, as it gives me a very specific location of Bergen Hill.

Posted on: 2006/2/6 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Bergen Hill is just a few blocks south of the old Medical Center that is being rehabbed into pricey condos. There are a lot of undervalued brick rowhouses in area that date back to 1880s. There is a strong coalition of neighborhood associations called Bergen Communities United that are working up a "master plan" for the entire area. In addition, the Whitlock Cordage factory now known as WHitlock Mills loft and apartment rentals will be opening in March and is bound to have a positive affect for the area too.

Posted on: 2006/2/5 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
There are a few grand Victorians in the area on Summit. At the foot of Summit at Grand is an odd shaped building called Library Hall which was once JC City Hall. I would be on my guard walking around the area and don't go alone. Stay off Cornelison.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2006/2/5 15:37

Where is Bergen Hill?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/4/11 22:29
Group:
Registered Users
To anyone and everyone-

I'd like to know what streets are considered Bergen Hill and where is it exactly? Is it safe to walk around there? Is there anything about the area that is worth exploring, such as, any landmarks or houses with great architecture? I heard it is one of the oldest areas in Jersey City. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on: 2006/2/5 3:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017