Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fulop gave a sweetheart deal at the expense of property owners
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
During the pandemic, Councilman Solomon introduced an ordinance that was passed by the city council to temporarily place non-owner occupied 1 to 4 family homes under rent control. I repeatedly asked when will this ordinance expire because JC rent control laws unlike most towns, are under Consumer Price Index which means they cannot have a tax increase for tenants. The landlords receive a tax increase and they must go to Hudson County Tax to appeal where they win. I have personally witnessed this procedure at tax court where the administrator says, JC unlike other towns cannot pass on a tax increase to tenants. Since we are now faced with massive school increases as well as solid waste charges on our water bills, I have decided to so a search on the city website under rent control. There is a registration form for landlords to fill out for their 1 to 4 family homes non-owner occupied buildings. Last year, I have emailed Councilwoman Watterman and Business Administrator John Metro about this ordinance since it originally said it would expire. Now I know why I was ignored. Owner occupied 1 to 4 family homes will bear the brunt of the tax increase and the administrator kept quiet about this sweetheart deal for tenants. In the past rent control was only for 5 or more units.
2022 Annual Landlord Registration Statement 1-4 Units (cognitoforms.com)

Posted on: 2022/3/18 16:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017