Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Solomon proposes Jersey City ethics reforms to avoid being ‘a punchline because of corruption’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

JAMES SOLOMON RELEASES FAR-REACHING ETHICS PLAN

Solomon: “We Can’t Ever Go Back To The Days When Jersey City Was a Punchline Because of Corruption”

JERSEY CITY, NJ –  Today, James Solomon released a far-reaching ethics plan that further tightens Jersey City’s rules and ensures a cleaner and ethical government. The plan includes reforming the Ethical Standards of Board, strengthening the city’s existing ethical codes and establishing yearly mandatory training for municipal employees. The Solomon plan comes a little over a decade after 44 New Jersey politicians and officials were arrested as part of a 10-year long anti-corruption investigation. Today, Solomon does not take any campaign contributions from Jersey City real estate developers and has been a reformer in the City Council focused on improving transparency.

https://www.insidernj.com/press-releas ... far-reaching-ethics-plan/

Posted on: 2021/10/5 1:18

Solomon proposes Jersey City ethics reforms to avoid being ‘a punchline because of corruption’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Solomon proposes Jersey City ethics reforms to avoid being ‘a punchline because of corruption’

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

“We can’t go back to the days when Jersey City was a punchline because of corruption. This plan will continue to tighten our ethical rules so that people can keep building trust in our city’s government,” Solomon said in a statement.

“I am committed to the highest ethical standards, that’s why I don’t take any campaign contributions from Jersey City developers and why I’ve fought to make Jersey City government more open and transparent.”

In his plan, the Downtown councilman pointed out that it was just over a decade ago that the FBI arrested 44 officials as part of Operation Bid Rig and that corruption in Jersey City remains a concern.

https://hudsoncountyview.com/solomon-p ... ne-because-of-corruption/

Posted on: 2021/10/5 1:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017