Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Editorial: Residents Deserve Answers on the Mayor’s New Home Purchase
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Let me explain why neighborhood leaders come down to JC council meetings and complain- these new developments still have units with owners that have cars and these owners park their cars on the street, taking away parking from long term owners who live in homes built without parking. It makes the situation worse. If you don't want a car, that is fine but don't make judgments on people that need cars for their work.

For what’s it’s worth Yvonne. I agree with you 1,000% that new residents should not take up street parking spaces from long term residents. If you need a car for work, live in Bayonne. If you work in Manhattan and take the PATH to work, live in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2021/8/21 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Let me explain why neighborhood leaders come down to JC council meetings and complain- these new developments still have units with owners that have cars and these owners park their cars on the street, taking away parking from long term owners who live in homes built without parking. It makes the situation worse. If you don't want a car, that is fine but don't make judgments on people that need cars for their work.

Posted on: 2021/8/21 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If there ever was a fee which should increase 1,000 percent it’s the Jersey City zone parking fee.

Posted on: 2021/8/21 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2021/08 ... uirements-for-developers/

If I owned a car in Jersey City. I would demand zero parking being provided so there would be less traffic for me. Don’t understand the NIMBY groups that want new developments to have parking, which only promotes car ownership and more traffic on streets that were not designed to have it.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
On a personal level, I wish the mayor and his family the very best. But here is the problem, before Fulop ran for Ward E, all new construction required one to one parking. When he won, he changed that for Ward E. When he won as mayor, he changed that policy for the city. Yet neighborhoods leaders have periodically spoken at council meetings complaining about the reduction of parking which creates problems for long term residents. Typically a project with 40 units will have 16 parking spaces. I am sure Fulop's new place with 4 car garage was the major reason for the purchase. What is good for the mayor and his family should also be good for Jersey City neighborhoods. Build garages in neighborhood and require new construction to have one to one parking.

Posted on: 2021/8/21 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
On a personal level, I wish the mayor and his family the very best. But here is the problem, before Fulop ran for Ward E, all new construction required one to one parking. When he won, he changed that for Ward E. When he won as mayor, he changed that policy for the city. Yet neighborhoods leaders have periodically spoken at council meetings complaining about the reduction of parking which creates problems for long term residents. Typically a project with 40 units will have 16 parking spaces. I am sure Fulop's new place with 4 car garage was the major reason for the purchase. What is good for the mayor and his family should also be good for Jersey City neighborhoods. Build garages in neighborhood and require new construction to have one to one parking.

Posted on: 2021/8/21 13:37

Editorial: Residents Deserve Answers on the Mayor’s New Home Purchase
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/27 19:45
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Fulop’s purchase of a $2.4 million home from Dixon Advisory, first reported by Hudson County View yesterday, raises serious questions.

https://jcitytimes.com/editorial-resid ... mayors-new-home-purchase/

Posted on: 2021/8/20 20:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017