Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Op Ed: Lewis Spears for Mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/27 19:45
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
When I vote for Spears tomorrow, I won’t just be doing it to register my disapproval of the incumbent. I’ll be voting for something, and somebody — a candidate whose agenda, interests, connections, and demeanor represents a clean and definitive break from the priorities and direction of the current administration.

https://jcitytimes.com/op-ed-lewis-spears-for-mayor/

Posted on: 2021/11/1 15:12

Re: Lewis Spears for Jersey City Mayor 2021
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Foreclosure Of Spears’ Home Connected To Man Charged With Running Mega Mortgage Fraud Scam

Jersey City mayoral candidate says he never met Anthony Garvin and can’t recall the name of his friend who brought him real estate deal

New Jersey Globe By David Wildstein, September 28 2021 1:54 am

A property purchased by a Jersey City mayoral candidate is connected to a local man indicted in a multimillion-dollar mortgage fraud scheme, but Lewis Spears says he never met the seller and was unaware of the criminal charges filed against Anthony Garvin in 2019.

The U.S. Department of Justice alleges that Garvin plotted a series of short sale flips in Jersey City and other municipalities by using straw borrowers and submitting loan applications using fake pay stubs and tax information to obtain mortgages and multiple Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) loans.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/local/forec ... mega-mortgage-fraud-scam/

Posted on: 2021/10/20 1:27

Re: Spears Launches Mayoral Campaign Stressing Need for Shared Prosperity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I understand he took money from Fireman who wants the 22 acres in Liberty Park. So now I am stuck, I don't want him or Fulop. Fulop has no control over the spending or bonding. Healy last budget was $485 million. Fulop took over in 2013, the budget is now $620 million and as far as I am concerned, he is responsible for the problem with the school. All of those tax abatements robbed them of their budget and we are paying a high price with higher school taxes.

Jersey City mayor may no longer be unopposed in 2021 mayoral election

Published: May. 19, 2021, 5:20 p.m. jersey journal

“Spears is likely to face scrutiny over the the Kismet of Kings’ recent acceptance of a $150,000 grant from the Fireman Foundation, whose founder, Paul Fireman, has tried to acquire 22 acres of environmentally sensitive land in Liberty State Park for his Liberty National Golf Course.

Fireman has said he is no longer seeking the land, which would have been transformed into three new holes for the course. At the same time, the proposed Liberty State Park Protection Act that would protect the swath of land, has stalled in the Legislature, with some pointing to political donations Fireman has made as the major roadblock to passage.”

Posted on: 2021/10/20 1:25

Re: Lewis Spears for Jersey City Mayor 2021
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Spears has $4K on hand for stretch run of Jersey City mayoral race

Lewis Spears has $4,100 in campaign cash to spend on his quixotic quest to unseat Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop in the Nov. 2 election, according to his latest campaign report.

The report, filed late with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, shows that community activist raised nearly $20,000 since July, and he spent nearly $16,000.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2021/10/spea ... ey-city-mayoral-race.html

Posted on: 2021/10/19 23:00

Re: Spears Hails Certification as Fulop Attacks Him as Former Republican
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Lewis Spears is the fourth African American man, and the youngest, to certify for a mayoral election in Jersey City 

Lewis Spears is the fourth African American man, and the youngest, to certify for a mayoral election in Jersey City

Lewis Spears will be on the election ballot on November 2

Over the weekend, educator and community leader Lewis Spears became just the fourth—and the youngest—African American man in 200 years, to be certified to run as mayor in a general election in Jersey City. Spears, who will continue to submit nominating petitions till the deadline today, had enough petitions to certify on Saturday.

https://www.insidernj.com/press-releas ... ral-election-jersey-city/

Posted on: 2021/8/30 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Spears challenge to Fulop official, who welcomes him to race with attack over past GOP affiliation

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

“Our journey to City Hall is officially underway. I want to thank every volunteer on the Spears campaign for working so hard to accomplish this milestone. I want to thank every person in Jersey City who filled out a petition to support this run. Together, we have created history!,” Spears said in a statement.

“I decided to run because I wanted to give all of the people of Jersey City another option—different ideas for a shared vision for our great city. I want every child in this city to see that someone who was born and grew up here can indeed lead it. The response has been overwhelming so far, and I remain grateful for every opportunity Jersey City has afforded me, including this opportunity to run for leadership.”

https://hudsoncountyview.com/spears-ch ... ver-past-gop-affiliation/

Posted on: 2021/8/30 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
This is what's called "burying the lede."

Posted on: 2021/8/30 22:28

Spears Hails Certification as Fulop Attacks Him as Former Republican
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Mayoral candidate Lewis Spears celebrated a successful petition drive just as the Fulop campaign attacked him as a former Republican.

https://jcitytimes.com/spears-hails-ce ... him-as-former-republican/

Posted on: 2021/8/30 19:31

Re: Spears Launches Mayoral Campaign Stressing Need for Shared Prosperity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I understand he took money from Fireman who wants the 22 acres in Liberty Park. So now I am stuck, I don't want him or Fulop. Fulop has no control over the spending or bonding. Healy last budget was $485 million. Fulop took over in 2013, the budget is now $620 million and as far as I am concerned, he is responsible for the problem with the school. All of those tax abatements robbed them of their budget and we are paying a high price with higher school taxes.

Posted on: 2021/7/13 19:30

Spears Launches Mayoral Campaign Stressing Need for Shared Prosperity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Activist and educator Lewis Spears formally launched his campaign for mayor before an enthusiastic crowd of supporters gathered at the Factory Lounge on Communipaw Avenue.

https://jcitytimes.com/spears-launches ... ed-for-shared-prosperity/

Posted on: 2021/7/13 17:30

Lewis Spears for Jersey City Mayor 2021
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Lewis Spears made his run for the mayoralty of Jersey City official this afternoon, emerging from City Hall with a box of petitions and a broad smile.

https://jcitytimes.com/spears-makes-it-official/

Posted on: 2021/6/3 22:42

Edited by Webmaster on 2021/10/13 1:38:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017