Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anybody around here go to the ill-fated Fyre Festival, or know someone that did?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Here?s a very well done podcast on the event that includes all the important details and follows the unfolding nonsense:

http://swindledpodcast.com/podcasts/s ... ode-04-the-fyre-festival/.

And hers a more recent podcast from True Crime Obsessed: https://www.truecrimeobsessed.com/episodes

The first podcast, Swindled, was produced and released a while ago, Long before the two docs. The second podcast, True Crime Obsessed features two fun hosts who in each of their episodes walk you through a True Crime documentary- almost like cliff notes?- and in this case they are doing the Hulu one.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 14:37

Re: Anybody around here go to the ill-fated Fyre Festival, or know someone that did?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I am wondering why anyone would volunteer they got caught up in that scam... as bad as the Nigerian Princes. Supposed ethical issues with the Hulu and Netflix documentaries.

I watched Hulu... thought it was very entertaining and educational, especially how Jerry Media knew early on they were promoting a scam. They seem as guilty as McFarland, the lead grifter! Via social media blitz, they promoted the event and then proceed squelch the few critics trying to warn people off.

Did not watch Netflix when I read Jerry Media were co-producers. Hulu was criticized paying McFarland to appear... they got scammed too, he said nothing on camera that was not from his lawyer's lips. I am sure that Hulu check went right to the lawyers.

Posted on: 2019/2/12 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
I used to work in music so have lots of friends still working in the industry. No one I know went - or even talked about it. I didn't know about it until the day it went south.

Posted on: 2019/2/11 22:39

Anybody around here go to the ill-fated Fyre Festival, or know someone that did?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I figure with Jersey City's close proximity to New York there must be some people around here who either went or knew somebody that did. For those who don't know, it was supposed to be a large, luxury music festival in the Bahamas with several headliners including Blink 182, with luxury villas on a beautiful beach located on a private island, with top-line catering and all kinds of things that would make it a five star experience. Then people got there and the accommodations were these unsecured disaster relief tents on a mostly gravel beach, port-a-potties and three portable showers, none of the promised headliner music acts, and a local caterer that served these crummy boxed lunches. People desperately tried to get back to the USA but ended up locked in a small airport for something like 12 hours with no food or water (some people passed out from the heat). It was something like Lord of the Flies meets Woodstock, except the music sucked.

It happened almost two years ago but is now back in the news because of two different documentaries released about it.

If you walk around New York long enough you either meet someone who went or meet someone who knew someone that went. Anyone out there care to share some firsthand accounts? Just curious.

Posted on: 2019/2/11 19:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017