Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: A Tuna Christmas - J CITY Theater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Final 4 performances of A Tuna Christmas are this week!
This rare holiday treat is coming to an end!

Shows are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm
Sunday matinee (and final performance Dec 9th) 3pm

Audiences are loving the return of A Tuna Christmas:

I laughed till my sides hurt! - Ellen T.

I have no idea how they did those characters - after a while I stopped trying to figure it out and just sat in amazement! - Bob M.

This was a family tradition for years. I'm so glad you are back! - Jimmy K.

A few tickets are still available - be sure to get them today!

Posted on: 2018/12/4 17:10

A Tuna Christmas - J CITY Theater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 16:46
Group:
Registered Users

For the first time in 5 years, J CITY Theater will open ?A TUNA CHRISTMAS? by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears, and Ed Howard. Opening night is November 29th and the show runs Thursdays thru Saturdays at 8pm with Sunday Matinees at 3pm. This is a limited run and audiences are encouraged to reserve tickets due to limited seating. The show is scheduled to close on December 9th.

Back by popular demand, "A TUNA CHRISTMAS" is a marathon Christmas comedy of southern madness. The Christmas yard display contest is heating up in the small town of Tuna, Texas as neighbor fights neighbor for the most outrageous display of lights, Santas, Baby Jesus' and Rudolphs. This year however, there is a Christmas Phantom on the loose, spreading vandalism and havoc. With quick-change zaniness and quicksilver one-liners, two incredibly talented actors introduce us to 22 of the wildest citizens in Tuna, Texas.

J CITY Theater has produced A TUNA CHRISTMAS on and off for the past 14 years and it has become a not-to-be-missed holiday tradition. Having grown each year, it has now reached the level of outrageous spectacle. "This show is really our gift back to Jersey City", says Executive Producer Clay Cockrell. "We have a great time doing it and our audiences love coming each year. They've become so familiar with these wild characters that they are sometimes saying the lines before we do. All year long people ask us: ' Is Tuna coming back this Christmas?' People are planning their holiday travel around the performances! Maybe we should say it is a holiday addiction.?

Joining Mr. Cockrell as half of this dynamic duo is audience favorite Stephen Hope. Mr. Hope has been seen at J CITY in Apartment 3A and most recently in Clark Gable Slept Here. He joined the Tuna family in 2013 and is excited to get back into his high heels! Stephen brings a Broadway pedigree to the production, having been a member of the original cast of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING
TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT - as well as countless Off Broadway, regional and touring productions over his distinguished career.

Sandy Cockrell, Artistic Director, said that the show is always a great change of pace for the company. "We pride ourselves on our motto: theater in the raw. As a production team our focus has always been on the actor and the purity of each particular story. However with Tuna Christmas we really have to pull out all the technical stops. The comedy is found in the quick changes and the bizarre costumes and wigs...the fact that two actors are portraying 22 characters. This show is a wild and breathless ride."

November 29th through December 9th
Thursdays through Saturdays at 8pm AND Sundays at 3pm
Tickets: $30.00. (Seniors / Students $25.00)
Tickets can be purchased at www.jcity.org

Resized Image

Posted on: 2018/11/26 20:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017