Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hamilton Park facilities
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
add benches to the passage lanes.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
We have working water fountain and bathrooms (summer time) in our neighborhood park.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Interesting characterization. I would think that many people would object to the idea of Hamilton Park being a "neighborhood" park, and not a *city* park.

I once read in a thread here that most parks with water fountains (including LSP) had those shut off to deter homeless people from camping out in them. Not sure if that is true, or not. If true, I think that would also explain the dearth of bathroom facilities at all the local parks. Even LSP is mostly devoid of bathroom facilities, and it is a very large park that could really use more of that.

City park generally refers to ownership/responsibility rather than a classification.
Neighborhood park is a park classification and generally refers to purpose/audience and/or size.

In park planning lingo a neighborhood park is one intended to serve the immediate area. There are statistics for how far a person should ideally be from various park types (10 minutes from a neighborhood park), etc. Neighborhood parks typically have little or no parking, are smaller, and cater to the specific interests of the people living in the immediate area (think Hamilton Park). Parks that serve a larger audience (think Berry Lane) often have parking, fields to accommodate teams from outside the neighborhood, often times concessions, etc.

I'm not going to get into a debate about who does or does not go to any given park, but the functions of HP are quite local.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Facilities mean staff to clean, open and lock up. $$$$.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
I would assume/hope that was discussed (and apparently nixed) when the park was re-done just a few years ago. Not that I hate the idea, but inasmuch as it's intended to be a neighborhood park (not a regional park) it's fair to assume that most people live close enough to go home to take care of business. I know...kids....yadda yadda.

Interesting characterization. I would think that many people would object to the idea of Hamilton Park being a "neighborhood" park, and not a *city* park.

I once read in a thread here that most parks with water fountains (including LSP) had those shut off to deter homeless people from camping out in them. Not sure if that is true, or not. If true, I think that would also explain the dearth of bathroom facilities at all the local parks. Even LSP is mostly devoid of bathroom facilities, and it is a very large park that could really use more of that.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I would assume/hope that was discussed (and apparently nixed) when the park was re-done just a few years ago. Not that I hate the idea, but inasmuch as it's intended to be a neighborhood park (not a regional park) it's fair to assume that most people live close enough to go home to take care of business. I know...kids....yadda yadda.

Posted on: 2018/5/31 17:34

Hamilton Park facilities
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/20 14:49
Group:
Registered Users
Have there been bathroom facilities in Hamilton Park in the past (of the portable variety)? Any thoughts if the general public would welcome such an addition to the park, or if the city has an appetite to install such a feature?

Posted on: 2018/5/31 15:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017