Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Kushner in New Jersey unraveling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Kushner firm wins records dispute against Jersey City

JERSEY CITY — A Hudson County judge ruled Friday that the Fulop administration must hand over documents requested by Kushner Companies related to the developer’s stalled Journal Square project, a plan that is at the center of a separate legal proceeding in federal court.

Judge Francis B. Schultz’ five-page decision, which also slaps Jersey City for not devoting enough resources to answering public-records requests, comes as the administration faces renewed criticism over its transparency.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/01/kush ... -against-jersey-city.html

Posted on: 2019/1/2 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City blasts Kushner family's lawsuit as a 'conspiracy theory'

The Kushner family's real-estate development firm spun a web of fabrications that reads "like a conspiracy theory" to make it seem they are the victims of Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop's animus toward President Trump, the city alleges in a new legal filing.

The filing, a motion by Jersey City to dismiss the lawsuit the firm filed against the city and Fulop in July, says the company's allegations against the city are a "desperate attempt" by Kushner Companies and its partner, KABR Group, to remain the redevelopers of the stalled One Journal Square project. The two-tower plan is slated for a vacant lot adjacent to the Journal Square PATH station.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... st_jersey_city_reads.html

Posted on: 2018/9/11 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I have been speaking against tax abatement since the beginning of any administration. I don't mind 5 year tax abatements because of the short length but anything longer is pure corruption. For the record, I spoke against this tax abatement, it is in the record.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
We have found a tax abatement that Yvonne will defend!

Posted on: 2018/7/8 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I find it amazing how liberals tout themselves as tolerant until you have a different point of view. Then the hate and bullying comes out. It is bullying plain and simple.
You said the secret word!!
Resized Image

I like how this has become a constant refrain from the very same people that spew hatred against every minority group on the planet. That somehow we all need to be tolerant of your hatred and lies and bigotry. It's almost comical how frequently right wingers complain about the "so-called tolerant left" and my favorite recent example is this:

http://www.wpta21.com/story/38592321/ ... is-forced-out-of-building

Quote:
The church maintains it is not intolerant of others beliefs, but that it's finding those on the other side of this issue are intolerant of the beliefs of Remnant Fellowship Church.

"whaaaaaa, why won't the left tolerate us telling gays that they are all going to burn in hell?"

As much as I dislike Yvonne, and agree with your overall point about certain people/organizations demanding/expecting tolerance for their outrageous views, I do feel compelled to point out that I think some liberals willfully conflate the attitudes or behavior of some far right kooks with that of your garden variety conservative. That's just intellectually dishonest.

Being a conservative, or Republican, does not automatically make you a bigot or a kook.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I find it amazing how liberals tout themselves as tolerant until you have a different point of view. Then the hate and bullying comes out. It is bullying plain and simple.
You said the secret word!!
Resized Image

I like how this has become a constant refrain from the very same people that spew hatred against every minority group on the planet. That somehow we all need to be tolerant of your hatred and lies and bigotry. It's almost comical how frequently right wingers complain about the "so-called tolerant left" and my favorite recent example is this:

http://www.wpta21.com/story/38592321/ ... is-forced-out-of-building

Quote:
The church maintains it is not intolerant of others beliefs, but that it's finding those on the other side of this issue are intolerant of the beliefs of Remnant Fellowship Church.

"whaaaaaa, why won't the left tolerate us telling gays that they are all going to burn in hell?"

Posted on: 2018/7/7 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Ha ha ha! You are the only person to have ever accused me of being a liberal.

Stop grasping at straws, and please stop embarrassing yourself. Your lying ways, hypocrisy, and ignorance are in full display. Just because so many of us have collectively decided to call you out on it, and not just stand by idly, it does not make any of us a bully.

Posted on: 2018/7/7 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/7/7 21:49

Re: Kushner, Unfiltered - The Real Deal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This information on his personal life did not bother Fulop when he gave the tax abatements in 2013 along with $10 million in redevelopment bonds.

That's not the same Kushner. The KRE Group Kushners are Murray and Jonathan. Murray is Charles' brother. They are estranged.

This has been pointed out to Yvonne on multiple occasions. But, as usual, she ignores any facts that stand in the way of her narrative. Her actual answer to someone pointing out to her that these were two different people (and, who are estranged from each other) was "well, I don't believe they are estranged because they are brothers". She is legit ignoring established facts to push her false narrative. I have said it before, people like Yvonne are an embarrassment and a danger to society and democracy. Her wanton lies are truly deplorable.

The one thing you can count on from JClist and some of its bloggers, is the fact, they trash someone who posts a different point of view, believing they are defenders of truth but are are nothing but bullies.

Pointing out your falsehoods and hypocrisy is not bullying. It is holding you accountable. Which, ironically, it is the very same thing you claim to be doing when criticizing the mayor, the city's administration, or any other number of things.

Posted on: 2018/7/7 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This information on his personal life did not bother Fulop when he gave the tax abatements in 2013 along with $10 million in redevelopment bonds.

That's not the same Kushner. The KRE Group Kushners are Murray and Jonathan. Murray is Charles' brother. They are estranged.

This has been pointed out to Yvonne on multiple occasions. But, as usual, she ignores any facts that stand in the way of her narrative. Her actual answer to someone pointing out to her that these were two different people (and, who are estranged from each other) was "well, I don't believe they are estranged because they are brothers". She is legit ignoring established facts to push her false narrative. I have said it before, people like Yvonne are an embarrassment and a danger to society and democracy. Her wanton lies are truly deplorable.

The one thing you can count on from JClist and some of its bloggers, is the fact, they trash someone who posts a different point of view, believing they are defenders of truth but are are nothing but bullies.

Posted on: 2018/7/7 11:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Kushner v. Fulop: Inside the collapse of Jersey City tower project deal

JERSEY CITY — It was April 2009 and Mayor Jerramiah Healy was seeking re-election.

Healy and other city officials gathered outside a vacant lot in Journal Square, a site they promised would soon be home to a massive, two-tower development, the first skyscrapers in the city's center. The property was in a prime location, directly next to the Journal Square PATH transportation hub.

The project represented "a great step forward" for Jersey City, Healy said.

Four years later, Healy was again seeking re-election, this time facing a challenge from Councilman Steve Fulop. At a debate in the Journal Square Loew's theater, Fulop noted that there had been zero progress on the still-vacant site.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... f_one_journal_square.html

Posted on: 2018/7/7 6:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2018/7/6 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2018/7/6 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This information on his personal life did not bother Fulop when he gave the tax abatements in 2013 along with $10 million in redevelopment bonds. It bothers Fulop now but the true victims will be Jersey City taxpayers when Kushner wins his lawsuit.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 16:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/15 4:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Who would care what someone who does this says (from Wikipedia, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles Kushner):
Quote:
The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators; Kushner hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.

He sounds like a terrible person, for which words stronger then he used against Fulop are deserved.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
And Kushner's opinion is worthless.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 12:03

Kushner, Unfiltered - The Real Deal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Kushner talks about Fulop in this magazine story. He call Fulop just another a**hole politican.
https://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/kushner-unfiltered/

Posted on: 2018/7/6 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Kushner Cos. threatens to sue Fulop for defamation, mayor refuses to apologize

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

“I got another letter from the Kushner family today threatening to sue me AGAIN. They demand an apology for me saying the truth + they even drafted a tweet for me to send out. It’s not going to happen. I’ll revise my tweet slightly when THEY apologize publicly,” Fulop tweeted late this morning.

“I’m not going to apologize for saying the truth. Whether it’s inaccurately reporting ownership in properties, or misrepresenting $ partners, or outright saying in China that $ in Jersey City properties means lots to the family, i think the public can judge 4 themselves[.]”

https://hudsoncountyview.com/kushner-c ... yor-refuses-to-apologize/

Why do I have the strange feeling Fulop will somehow lose both lawsuits.

Posted on: 2018/6/30 9:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Kushner Cos. threatens to sue Fulop for defamation, mayor refuses to apologize

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

“I got another letter from the Kushner family today threatening to sue me AGAIN. They demand an apology for me saying the truth + they even drafted a tweet for me to send out. It’s not going to happen. I’ll revise my tweet slightly when THEY apologize publicly,” Fulop tweeted late this morning.

“I’m not going to apologize for saying the truth. Whether it’s inaccurately reporting ownership in properties, or misrepresenting $ partners, or outright saying in China that $ in Jersey City properties means lots to the family, i think the public can judge 4 themselves[.]”

https://hudsoncountyview.com/kushner-c ... yor-refuses-to-apologize/

Posted on: 2018/6/30 7:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

In Jersey City, It’s Kushner vs. Kushner in a Race to Develop

By Charles V. Bagli - May 21, 2018

JERSEY CITY — The decade-long blood feud between the Kushner brothers, Charles and Murray, has already put one brother in jail.

Now, the men, who haven’t spoken in 15 years, are rivals in the development of Journal Square in Jersey City, the site of one failed project after another for the past three decades.

Their ability to get along — or not — could affect this important corner of a rapidly changing city of 264,000 people.

Journal Square is less a neighborhood than a maze of streets occupied by a bus depot and a PATH station, dowdy retail, a community college, low-income housing and a restored landmark theater converted into a Jehovah’s Witnesses Assembly Hall.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/ ... l-square-development.html

Your entitlement is disgusting, Charles...?We are front and center in Journal Square,? Mr. Kushner said. ?We are certainly entitled to some sort of tax abatement for enhancing the area.?

Posted on: 2018/5/23 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

In Jersey City, It’s Kushner vs. Kushner in a Race to Develop

By Charles V. Bagli - May 21, 2018

JERSEY CITY — The decade-long blood feud between the Kushner brothers, Charles and Murray, has already put one brother in jail.

Now, the men, who haven’t spoken in 15 years, are rivals in the development of Journal Square in Jersey City, the site of one failed project after another for the past three decades.

Their ability to get along — or not — could affect this important corner of a rapidly changing city of 264,000 people.

Journal Square is less a neighborhood than a maze of streets occupied by a bus depot and a PATH station, dowdy retail, a community college, low-income housing and a restored landmark theater converted into a Jehovah’s Witnesses Assembly Hall.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/ ... l-square-development.html

Posted on: 2018/5/23 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Michael Cohen steered prominent EB-5 exec to Squire Patton Boggs

USIF's Nick Mastroianni paid the law firm $370,000 to lobby Congress, the White House on investor visa issues

By Will Parker | May 10, 2018 11:05AM

Nicholas Mastroianni, the founder of the U.S. Immigration Fund regional center for EB-5 investment, was brought to the Squire Patton Boggs law firm as lobbying client by Michael Cohen, President Trump?s longtime personal attorney.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Mastroianni paid Squire Patton Boggs $370,000 to lobby Congress and the Trump administration on EB-5 matters.

Mastroianni confirmed he is one one of five clients that U.S. prosecutors for the Southern District of New York said were steered to Squire Patton Boggs by Cohen during a short-lived ?strategic alliance? with the firm. Mastroianni told the Journal that he met with Cohen sometime last year at his Rockefeller Center office and was later put in touch with lobbyist Edward Newberry. Cohen is being investigated for potential fraud and other matters related to his $130,000 payment of hush money to adult film star Stormy Daniel, who alleges she had an affair with the president.

Cohen, who received $500,000 a year to bring clients to Squire Patton Boggs, has not been indicted on any charges by prosecutors. On Tuesday, it was revealed that Cohen?s firm Essential Consultants received a $500,000 payment last year to a fund linked to a Russian oligarch with ties to the Kremlin.

In a February 2017 interview with The Real Deal after Trump took office, Mastroianni said that his company had thus far received little indication on policy positions related to EB-5 from the White House. Squire Patton Boggs filed its first lobbying report for work it completed for U.S. Immigration Fund in June of that year.

The revelation that Mastroianni is a Squire Patton Boggs client is also notable given his connection to Kushner Companies and the investigations open against the real estate company for its use of the EB-5 program. U.S. Immigration Fund was working to bring Chinese investors to Kushner?s One Journal Square project in Jersey City, but Mastroianni called it off after a presentation by Jared Kushner?s sister in Beijing referenced the family?s ties to the White House. The presentation caused international controversy and ultimately led to a still-pending investigating by the U.S. Attorney?s office in Brooklyn.

In January, TRD reported that Mastroianni?s firm and Kushner Companies had long abandoned their plans to raise EB-5 financing from China for 1 Journal Square. The company has raised EB-5 funds for HFZ Capital Group, Steve Witkoff, Durst Organization, Forest City Ratner and others.

https://therealdeal.com/2018/05/10/mic ... c-to-squire-patton-boggs/

Posted on: 2018/5/13 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The project died the day the prime tenant decided to not go ahead with the deal. The rest if window dressing.

Posted on: 2018/4/29 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
The saga of 1JSQ has no heroes, but Kushner Cos is not a victim, either.

Posted on: 2018/4/29 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City won’t give Charles Kushner subsidies, but his brother got them

Murray Kushner's firm got $40M in tax breaks to redevelop Journal Square

The mayor of Jersey City, Steven Fulop, has made it clear he doesn’t want to give Kushner Companies a dime of subsidy to build their luxury residential towers at 1 Journal Square. But he didn’t feel that way about giving money to Charles Kushner’s rival brother, Murray.

Kushner Real Estate Group, the firm led by Charles’ estranged brother Murray, received $40 million for its own redevelopment proposals at Journal Square, Bloomberg reported. That project, called Journal Squared, opened last year.

Kushner Companies expected to receive the same treatment, but that changed last year, as protestors lined up to express their outrage that the city would move to subsidize the family of the President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner.

https://therealdeal.com/2018/04/27/jer ... but-his-brother-got-them/

Posted on: 2018/4/29 4:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/15 0:21
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Maybe some snags in JC, but Kushner is doing quite well in the rest of NJ. I was at Pier Village in Long Branch on a Monday and the joint was jumping, and the additional luxury construction was rolling along. The Monmouth Mall property has hit some snags but continues to work just as retail, unlike many similar malls. The thousands of apartment units are cruising.

True Pier Village is great. I love McLoone?s Pier House great ocean views while eating.

Posted on: 2018/4/28 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe some snags in JC, but Kushner is doing quite well in the rest of NJ. I was at Pier Village in Long Branch on a Monday and the joint was jumping, and the additional luxury construction was rolling along. The Monmouth Mall property has hit some snags but continues to work just as retail, unlike many similar malls. The thousands of apartment units are cruising.

Posted on: 2018/4/28 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/15 0:21
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting how well the Journal Squared project is doing which is being developed by the other Kushner.

Ha I guess the good Kushner.

Posted on: 2018/4/28 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/5 15:03
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
I would not be surprised if Kushner were 100% correct. It would look bad on Fulop's Democratic resume going forward that he struck a deal with Kushner. In these Twitter-driven times it could be a kiss of death.

Nothing is ever 100% in this blame game banter, but one need look no further than a Key Rat in this Deal's sudden departure from his lucrative JCRA position, the complete disarray of City Hall Operations with emphasis on JC Planning, Zoning & Building Departments & Wildcard Fulop's Pre&Post election Manipulations [check his E.O. writings to date] to see the big picture of why JC has turned Toxic for Investors.

Bracketed Mis-Representational Photo Ops, Theatrics, Unqualified Political Hires, Unidirectional Tweeting & Strong Arm Tactics does not serve to substitute for Professionalism & Timely Production.
Fulop, simply stated, doesn't deliver the goods.

Amateur Hour City Hall Operations coupled with the fact that Fulop has seriously pissed off too many to list here, including some powerful players in the political arena leaving his political capital in question is a real deal-breaker IMHO.

Posted on: 2018/4/28 6:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Say what you like about the man, his crowdsourced ? heap of discarded empty plastic vodka bottles? art installation now on view at the building site is a Brilliant ironic take on his version of consumer values espoused by his family. A true monument that represents so much.

Posted on: 2018/4/25 19:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017