Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Landlord Closing on-site laundry room
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/11 17:26
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Yes my building is rent controlled...1 of the tenants has been here 40 years, and another for 30. I saw the post about the owner harassing tenants....so many of the posts were so rude and unhelpful I gave up looking for any useful info on it :( I will have to look at the lease as far as the laundry room goes

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

teacherinjc wrote:
Thank you for the links jerseymom....unfortunately I already have the Tenant's Rights in NJ book...as we have had so many problems with the new owner. I have the building inspector coming out Tuesday for some other issues like the fact that the lights in the hall on my floor are out, and I have to use a flashlight to even unlock my door :(

There was a recent thread about a new owner for a rent controlled building who was harassing tenants. Is your building rent controlled? Also - is the laundry amenity in your lease? That's going to be important.

Keep careful notes of everything that's going on - you'll need these if you proceed to court.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the links jerseymom....unfortunately I already have the Tenant's Rights in NJ book...as we have had so many problems with the new owner. I have the building inspector coming out Tuesday for some other issues like the fact that the lights in the hall on my floor are out, and I have to use a flashlight to even unlock my door :(

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:17

Landlord Closing on-site laundry room
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
I rent an apartment in a building with a coin operated washer and dryer. The washer and dryer have been here the entire 3 years I have lived here. Today what they called a 30 day notice was put up on the door to the laundry room saying they will be closing the laundry room starting December 1st. Its more like a 20 day notice. Regardless of the notice, from what I understand if the owners choose to just decide to stop letting us use the laundry room it is considered a removal of a tenant amenity and they therefore must reduce our rent. I chose to live in this building in part because it has an onsite laundry room.

The building was recently bought by someone who has been harassing all of us, and has told us he wants us to move. We do not want to move nor do we have to by law. He is just closing the laundry room to be a jerk.

Does anyone know for sure if he does close the laundry room if he must reduce our rent because he is taking away an amenity we pay rent to have????

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017