Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Five Jersey City council members returning to council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

For example, he supported bicycles long before there were bike lanes in JC, but I've seen enough people cycling unsafely (wrong way down 1 way street, not stopping at stop signs, cutting off cars, etc) to appreciate his concerns about their impact on overall traffic safety, especially in a city with little traffic enforcement to begin with.

Uh huh. Based on these observations, I can only assume that your father will be working to reduce and discourage motor vehicle traffic in Ward C?

Posted on: 2017/11/9 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RebeccaS wrote:
I've been at planning board meetings and he was very supportive of the residents and their needs.

He? Boggiano?

Posted on: 2017/11/9 14:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 19:50
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I've been at planning board meetings and he was very supportive of the residents and their needs.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I got my Rekha's mail today, the day after the election. Is this karma for not filing a report in a timely manner?

Will you stop it with Rekha already? There were 30+ council candidates on the ballot, and you are fixated on this one independent, female candidate. And you don't even spell her first name correctly, it's Rehka, not Rekha.

Queen nimby cannot even type a coherent sentence, not sure how she was actually a teacher.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
My statement makes sense but the delivery of the mail does not make sense. Rekha's advertisement came one day after the election. This is the woman who told McDonald she did not file her state reports on fundraising due to her skin color and the fact she is trying to protect her donors.

No. Just because your mail came late you call it karma. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I got my Rekha's mail today, the day after the election. Is this karma for not filing a report in a timely manner?

Will you stop it with Rekha already? There were 30+ council candidates on the ballot, and you are fixated on this one independent, female candidate. And you don't even spell her first name correctly, it's Rehka, not Rekha.

Oh, supporter. I sure she will get a city job.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My statement makes sense but the delivery of the mail does not make sense. Rekha's advertisement came one day after the election. This is the woman who told McDonald she did not file her state reports on fundraising due to her skin color and the fact she is trying to protect her donors.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Do you think what you said makes sense, 'cause it doesn't?

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have called Boggiano's office many times to get things done he does them. People put out uncover mattresses that stays in the hot sun for weeks. The city refuses to pick up, Boggiano will respond to those complaints. Whether it is pot holes being filled or other problems, he is available to do the job. Boggiano does not have another job like some councilpeople and he responds to the public.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I am supporting John, but I will say Rich sometimes gets a bad rap. He does work with the administration when he sees fit. I'm not saying that the objections are just for show, but I do see Boggiano as different from Yun, who is more steadfast in his opposition.

Posted on: 2017/11/8 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/8 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

Second, I'm clearly biased, but the odds are super high he'll win his runoff race. Fulop won ~77% of the popular vote and his entire ticket gets to ride that wave, but his candidate in Ward C only got ~27% of the vote to my father's ~44%. Without Fulop and two other council candidates on the ballot in December it won't be very hard to get over 50%.

You'd better hope Hanussak can't figure out how to get the Nanwandi vote out - because I can't imagine there are any among Nanwandi's 876 votes that would swing to your dad.

Posted on: 2017/11/8 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I appreciate this response. Thank you.

Posted on: 2017/11/8 19:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/16 18:43
Group:
Registered Users
This is one Rich Boggiano's sons posting from his account.

First, thanks for the actually constructive criticism.

Second, I'm clearly biased, but the odds are super high he'll win his runoff race. Fulop won ~77% of the popular vote and his entire ticket gets to ride that wave, but his candidate in Ward C only got ~27% of the vote to my father's ~44%. Without Fulop and two other council candidates on the ballot in December it won't be very hard to get over 50%.

Third, and to address your actual point on negativity: Most of what he does as a councilman is stuff that doesn't happen at council meetings. As one of the more noteworthy examples, he and Fulop have worked together in their opposition to the Robinhood Project on Sip Ave.

He has high standards and wants nothing but the best for the city. For example, he supported bicycles long before there were bike lanes in JC, but I've seen enough people cycling unsafely (wrong way down 1 way street, not stopping at stop signs, cutting off cars, etc) to appreciate his concerns about their impact on overall traffic safety, especially in a city with little traffic enforcement to begin with.

So most of his grievances are about poor execution, most often from a combination of incompetence and corruption. This is why he and Fulop get along fine in real life - they both know the other wants the best for JC - even if they also often disagree on the details of execution.

Posted on: 2017/11/8 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
A part of me hopes Boggiano gets voted off. He's not bad, but I'm just sick and tired of negativity and constantly badmouthing everything without showing any initiative getting things done.

Instead of challenging the mayor on every issue. Work with the mayor on getting the job done on issues important in Journal Square.

Posted on: 2017/11/8 4:58

Five Jersey City council members returning to council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Five Jersey City council members returning to council

Updated 11:07 PM; Posted 11:02 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- Voters are returning at least five Jersey City council members back to the council in January, but Mayor Steve Fulop won't know if he retains control of the nine-member body until the December runoffs.

All three incumbent at-large council people -- Rolando Lavarro, Daniel Rivera and Joyce Watterman -- won re-election tonight by wide margins, roughly three-to-one over their closest competitors. Lavarro, 47, who first won election to the council in 2011, looks like he may be the top vote-getter with more than 17,600 votes.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2017/11/8 4:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017