Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Why are there so many sketchy apartment ads on Craigslist?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 13:42
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I was checking out the ads for info on pricing a 500 ft 1 bedroom, and so many of them seem "off". They're cheap, vague about location, and have few or no pictures. Are they bait and switch BS or what?

Rentometer.com says median for HP 1BR is $2000, but it seems high to me, even for a place larger than mine.

'cause majority on lower price end are fulop protected basement slums. illegal.

Posted on: 2017/4/27 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Because it's Craigslist, that's why. Total haven for fraudsters. Where have you been? Not to say I haven't had a good experience on Craigslist - once used to find some movers as well as to hitch a ride, and it was fine. But if you fall for one of those advertisements where somebody asks you to wire the money as a deposit on the place in advance, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

I've done very well finding tenants on Craigslist, and only occasionally get the strange ones, out of towner looking to pay a year up front, etc. I ignore them. But these ads don't even seem to head in that direction, if I was a scammer I'd make a really pro looking ad. Show fabulous interiors cribbed from Google images or other ads, why not?

Posted on: 2017/4/27 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I was checking out the ads for info on pricing a 500 ft 1 bedroom, and so many of them seem "off". They're cheap, vague about location, and have few or no pictures. Are they bait and switch BS or what?

Rentometer.com says median for HP 1BR is $2000, but it seems high to me, even for a place larger than mine.

Because it's Craigslist, that's why. Total haven for fraudsters. Where have you been? Not to say I haven't had a good experience on Craigslist - once used to find some movers as well as to hitch a ride, and it was fine. But if you fall for one of those advertisements where somebody asks you to wire the money as a deposit on the place in advance, you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Posted on: 2017/4/27 20:18

Why are there so many sketchy apartment ads on Craigslist?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2017/4/27 18:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017