Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 26 New Americans Sworn In At Jersey City Naturalization Ceremony
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Albio, could you be a bigger idiot, or fear mongerer? These people on a legal path weren't going to be 'thrown in jail', unless they broke some other laws along the way.

Congrats to all who followed our laws, want to assimilate, and wish to help all achieve the American Dream-they'll help President Trump make America great again!

Posted on: 2017/2/23 0:38

Re: 26 New Americans Sworn In At Jersey City Naturalization Ceremony
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to the new citizens of our country... they are now part of the country legally and they are welcomed with open arms.

From the article... "Still, millions of eligible immigrants refrain from doing so, citing fear of passing English language and citizenship tests and hundreds of dollars in filing fees."

So one could assume they are looking for a shortcut? Like mass amnesty? Would it be a travesty of equality to expect someone to know the language or understand the history of the country they want to become a citizen.

Millions of people before these "nervous" eligible immigrants have been successful.... why should we make an exception for these people. If they are here legally but do not want to take the next step, that is fine too.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 23:05

26 New Americans Sworn In At Jersey City Naturalization Ceremony
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
26 New Americans Sworn In At Jersey City Naturalization Ceremony

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey (WABC) -- The United States of America now has 26 new citizens after they were sworn in at a naturalization ceremony in Jersey City Wednesday.

They come from 18 different countries around the world, and they are all excited about pursuing their American dream.

And in the current political climate, that certificate of naturalization signifies not only freedom and liberty, but also security and relief. And swells the heart of Amine el Marrachi, of Morocco.

"I want to say thank you to the United States for giving me this opportunity," Marrachi said. "And I am very happy."

Since last month, immigrants have been rushing to prepare applications to become U.S. citizens. Legal service organizations catering to diverse immigrant communities from Latin America, Asia and the Middle East all said they've been fielding a rising number of calls and questions about how to become a citizen.

"You can speak up now," Rep. Albio Sires said. "You don't have to worry that if you say something you are going to be put in jail."

In light of President Donald Trump's new and sweeping crackdown on the nation's 11 million undocumented immigrants, the ceremony eases the worry among many of the news Americans who worked long and hard to earn their citizenship.

"For me, from Colombia, being a Spanish person, it's very important," Stephany Perez said. "Even my parents, they get a little concerned because they're not citizens yet. Just having this gives you a sense of relief."

For years, immigrant advocates have urged lawful permanent residents, also known as green card holders, to naturalize, which would protect them from deportation were they ever convicted of a crime.

Still, millions of eligible immigrants refrain from doing so, citing fear of passing English language and citizenship tests and hundreds of dollars in filing fees.

The 26 people who took the oath of allegiance are just a few of the 25,000 new citizens who took part in President's Day naturalization ceremonies across the country. New Americans now ready to support and defend the Constitution.

Video:
http://abc7ny.com/society/26-new-amer ... ization-ceremony/1767565/

Posted on: 2017/2/22 21:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017