Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Medical diagnostic testing for people with high deductible plans?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Have you gone directly to Quest or LabCorp with your bloodwork order?

I haven't yet, but its on the 'to do' list. So far going though various doctor offices, they are pretty clueless on handling cash paying patients. The real price is only quoted if you have an HMO or some other insurance paying the doctor. The list prices quoted are basically fiction. i.e. My wife had minor surgery last summer. The list price was about $15k. Actual amount paid: $640. I have under-saved for my old age, so I am trying to not blow my HSA account on over priced routine medical stuff. I am going to need that money staying invested for later.

I think when it comes time for those tests that guys like me (entering middle age) need to get, I might take a trip back to Thailand to have it all done. In May I ended up in Bangkok with a massively annoying ear infection (both ears). Where I was staying was next to Bumrungrad Medical Center which had a night clinic. In 45 minutes I was registered, seen by a doctor, and got meds from the the pharmacy. Total cost: $71 (all cash.. no insurance.. you have insurance you deal with them on your own). My job takes me into a lot of hospitals.. I have never been in a hospital that was a efficient and grand and this one.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 3:10

Re: Medical diagnostic testing for people with high deductible plans?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Anyone recommend places to go that cater to those paying cash or using an HSA account? i.e. Publish prices for tests (the real price, not the list price).

I have to get blood work done a couple times a year. List price is over $1k through the lab my doctor uses. Actual billed price is about $250 if billed through my old insurance carrier.

I have noticed a dearth of doctors that actually accept cash patients as everything normally goes though the insurance co.

Have you gone directly to Quest or LabCorp with your bloodwork order? They both have labs locally all over the place. I also found that hospital labs negotiate prices for cash users. UMDNJ was cheapest for imaging work - maybe try labs there.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 2:50

Medical diagnostic testing for people with high deductible plans?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone recommend places to go that cater to those paying cash or using an HSA account? i.e. Publish prices for tests (the real price, not the list price).

I have to get blood work done a couple times a year. List price is over $1k through the lab my doctor uses. Actual billed price is about $250 if billed through my old insurance carrier.

I have noticed a dearth of doctors that actually accept cash patients as everything normally goes though the insurance co.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 1:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017