Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Who is "Yvonne"? Please be respectful...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Hi iGreg,
I started this thread a long time ago, I am asking you to please be respectful and adult like.
I was new at the time and had no clue who "Yvonne" was or that she was a registered user on JCList, I simply saw the name "Yvonne" on numerous posts.
I'm still pretty new here and trying to catch up on Jersey City.
Thank you for your future meaningful, adult like and productive posts.
I look forward to communicating and getting to know you.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 17:56

Re: Youron Baller
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I did not realize how much I was a threat to you igreg. It takes a lot of time to waste your time in photoshop or illustrator to create the image. Personally, you are not worth the time for me to respond in a similar fashion.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 0:18

Youron Baller
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/10/24 23:18

Re: Yvonne Balcer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are no top three but there are/were mayors who did some good things. Jordan did nothing to upset the applecart, so that is great. Jerry McCann in his first term pushed the city forward and kept taxes down, but he was a horror in his second term. Anthony Cucci was kind but revaluation happened during his term and he changed the rent control laws, still I will give him an A for behavior. Then we got stuck with mayors who were a terror, McCann second term and Schundler. Probably, only Tommie Smith ran the city well but on the other hand, he was busy writing his book and was at the public library during his term. But he got funds from the state for the Medical Center and removed the snow immediately, so I am giving him high marks. Fulop falls into the rank of McCann second term and Schundler, he really only care about higher office and JC is his stepping stone. I also give high marks to Cunningham but it is difficult to rate his administration since he did not serve that long. While Fulop got into office attacking the bid rigging that caught Healy, I believe there is more bid rigging in the Fulop Administration. It is easier to name city council members. #1 Dan Wiley who served in the 1990s. He read every ordinance. 2. Michael Yun, another person who read every ordinance. #3 Rich Boggiano. I would tie the 3rd spot to Bill O'Dea. He spoke for the people. Finally, I did like Councilman Fulop, it is Mayor Fulop that I have a problem with.

Posted on: 2017/10/24 21:46

Yvonne Balcer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Ms. Balcer--

Since you've been in Jersey City for so long and we have an election coming up, can you list the Top 3 Jersey City mayors and Top 3 City Council members in your lifetime? What, for you, in your vast experience, makes a good mayor or city council member?

Posted on: 2017/10/24 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Democracy is messy, and part of the mess is listening to people who we think have spoken too much or too often. I can't agree with Yvonne on too many things, buy I whole-heartedly applaud her devotion to a city that was a joke to most people in the "nice" parts of NJ. I'm glad we both lived long enough to see this latest rebirth of our city. This would be a better town and country if more people were willing to mix it up in the public arena like she is.

Posted on: 2016/12/19 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
If you want to get to know Yvonne, go to a city council meeting. She isn't hard to find. I actually think she is very devoted, means well and I even agree with her most of the time, it's just the fact that she and a few other individuals (some of whom read this board and know who they are) feel the need to get up and ask questions or comment about EVERY single resolution before the city council, sometimes asking multiple questions and dragging a city council meeting that could have been two hours into a four hour or longer saga. There's another person with the initials N.R. who also does a lot of it and pisses me off to no end - even though I agree with her most of the time too!

It's their right to do that of course, but I find it extremely rude, unnecessary, self-serving and inconvenient to us who need to get back home and put the kids to bed and have a longer commute to work in the morning. They all think they speak for their neighborhoods or even the general populace but that's all a load of crap - they would be on the other side of that city council table if that were the case.

There was a resolution to put time limits on speaking but sadly it was defeated. I don't go to these city council meetings much anymore, maybe in another decade or so when my kid is in college, thanks to these so-called "community activists" who have an unending hunger for self-aggrandizement meeting after meeting.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

I actually do visit the Confessional - was there last Tuesday and I hope you do the same. Also have a Merry Christmas and leave the judging to God.

Bet they could write a hot and steamy novel about all your sins.

I've actually gotten kicked out of a confessional booth on more than one occasion.

I have never heard of anyone being kicked out of the Confessional and yet I am being labeled the radical here.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The word 'Pretentious' often comes to mind on many of her voiced issues - often harmless but can be self-righteous and lacks empathy ... All the character traits of many politicians or public servants

Empathy, wow! I have been called all kinds of names here that I won't repeat because I don't use that language. I am still waiting for the empathy, bike.

That was very kind of you Yvonne to use only one part of the name of who you are quoting. You could have used one or both of the former two instead latter as a closing.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 17:24
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I actually do visit the Confessional - was there last Tuesday and I hope you do the same. Also have a Merry Christmas and leave the judging to God.

Bet they could write a hot and steamy novel about all your sins.

I've actually gotten kicked out of a confessional booth on more than one occasion.

Posted on: 2016/12/18 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The word 'Pretentious' often comes to mind on many of her voiced issues - often harmless but can be self-righteous and lacks empathy ... All the character traits of many politicians or public servants

Empathy, wow! I have been called all kinds of names here that I won't repeat because I don't use that language. I am still waiting for the empathy, bike.

I'm also catholic, but I'm not blind or naive to understand the bible was written by man! The empathy and ignorance title is as a result of your self righteousness on topics. But I have said many a times, sometimes your comments do deserve credit ... but like a broken clock, it's right only twice a day !

Regardless of what others or myself might think, you do generate some 'out-there' points of view.

Have a nice christmas and don't forget to visit the confessional box to correct those 'foot in mouth' moments.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

I'm also catholic, but I'm not blind or naive to understand the bible was written by man! The empathy and ignorance title is as a result of your self righteousness on topics. But I have said many a times, sometimes your comments do deserve credit ... but like a broken clock, it's right only twice a day !

Regardless of what others or myself might think, you do generate some 'out-there' points of view.

Have a nice christmas and don't forget to visit the confessional box to correct those 'foot in mouth' moments.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 22:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/17 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/17 22:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Yvonne Balcer is a local home-owner, pothole-sitter, council meeting attendee, gay marriage doomsayer, busybody, oppressed Catholic, and parking lot advocate. She sometimes has good points on government misbehavior, but it is overshadowed by things like the time she said Candace Osborne was racist for voting to turn a city parking lot into a building.

She is the go-to person when the local news needs a quote from someone who is concerned about something.

You can also find her making her voice heard at town hall meetings.

Ask the person directly. First, I never said Candace Obsorne was a racists. If you check the council meeting which is on video and where minutes are taken, another person said that. Always check the video before you lie. Second, I was the first president and founding member of the Van Vorst Association. I accomplished a lot during my term such as getting funding for Van Vorst Park, adding Wayne Street as a park, although I do regret that one since there are problems. Yes, I do attend council meetings and have been for 40 years. So I have a historic view on many things. I also started the Meet Ball which is still celebrated today. Yes, I am a practicing Catholic so I don't buy the liberal line which causes many problems to atheists here. Finally, I do believe in parking lots. The city had a rule that said all new construction must have parking. Then the city introduced Redevlopment zones which ignored the parking for the city. I love bikes but bikes cannot replace the practical need for cars.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
A person who believes that the world should revolve around every word and thought that comes out of her mouth and mind.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne Balcer is a local home-owner, pothole-sitter, council meeting attendee, gay marriage doomsayer, busybody, oppressed Catholic, and parking lot advocate. She sometimes has good points on government misbehavior, but it is overshadowed by things like the time she said Candace Osborne was racist for voting to turn a city parking lot into a building.

She is the go-to person when the local news needs a quote from someone who is concerned about something.

You can also find her making her voice heard at town hall meetings.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 20:36

Who is "Yvonne"? Please be respectful...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,
I'm new here, who is "Yvonne"? I ask this in all sincerity, please do not be a jerk..I just see this name all over JC List..

Posted on: 2016/12/17 20:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017