Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking permit for moving truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
It's been years since I needed permits. I thought JCPA posted the signs but maybe they're handing the signs to the applicant to post on their own.

Last point: If affixing signs to a live tree you must TAPE them and not use staples.

Good luck with your move,

I would post a link to the regulations listed on their website but, in a stunning development, their website is down.

JC - aiming to be America's best mid-sized city, but woefully falling short.

Posted on: 2016/4/22 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
It's been years since I needed permits. I thought JCPA posted the signs but maybe they're handing the signs to the applicant to post on their own.

Last point: If affixing signs to a live tree you must TAPE them and not use staples.

Good luck with your move,

Posted on: 2016/4/22 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
If you're moving in you probably don't know your neighbors yet so you can't ask them to park their cars all together to "reserve" a space big enough for a truck and leave their keys with you. If you're moving out, then maybe you could pull it off with their help.

The daily permit sign has to be done in person up on Central Ave. and it's a pain but not too expensive. They will post the signs and police will enforce (tow) anybody in your marked space.

If I had movers getting paid by the hour I'd get the permits and not take chances...

It should be noted that there are requirements that must be satisfied in order for the signs to be enforceable:
1) you must request your signs at least 48 hours in advance, and
2) you must post them at least 24 hours before the hours for which issued.

Sometimes, people will post their signs the night before their move, which is unfair to their fellow neighbors, who may have parked earlier in the day and will not necessarily go back to check on their cars the next day. Be a good neighbor, get your signs ahead of time, and post them early enough so that people know not to park in those areas, or to move their cars on time.

Posted on: 2016/4/22 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
If you're moving in you probably don't know your neighbors yet so you can't ask them to park their cars all together to "reserve" a space big enough for a truck and leave their keys with you. If you're moving out, then maybe you could pull it off with their help.

The daily permit sign has to be done in person up on Central Ave. and it's a pain but not too expensive. They will post the signs and police will enforce (tow) anybody in your marked space.

If I had movers getting paid by the hour I'd get the permits and not take chances...

Posted on: 2016/4/21 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Are you talking about the temporary no parking signs, or an actual parking permit for a moving truck? I have never had a parking permit for a moving truck any of the times I have moved around in JC. I don't think you could even get one.

Posted on: 2016/4/21 21:12
I eat fu*king hipsters and sh*t out fixie bikes.
-J.Parow

Parking permit for moving truck

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 6:19
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
There seems to be quite a few people who think it's not worth getting parking permits for a moving truck in JC.

Would you get them or would you just wing it?

Posted on: 2016/4/21 21:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017