Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sick Passenger on JSQ-bound PATH Feb 16th around 9pm
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itgirl wrote:
While I don't know what happened, I imagine it's a whole lot easier to triage at 33rd than any of the other stops in NYC. There's an elevator there to get the equipment down and the passenger up quickly. It's also faster to go back to 33rd than risk the situation worsening on the ride to JC. There are also more hospitals uptown, so the ambulance response time may be marginally better.

I agree with you, if you express it back to 33rd street, that's less than 3 min. Which is the fastest you'd have EMT's reach you at 14th street anyway. So you might as well have them meet you at 33rd street, where there are generally more police officers available to assist in the emergency.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 21:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
While I don't know what happened, I imagine it's a whole lot easier to triage at 33rd than any of the other stops in NYC. There's an elevator there to get the equipment down and the passenger up quickly. It's also faster to go back to 33rd than risk the situation worsening on the ride to JC. There are also more hospitals uptown, so the ambulance response time may be marginally better.

Cynically, taking the train back to 33rd frees the track for other trains to get by, but I hope that was the most minor consideration.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Good question. The cynic in me says decision to return to 33rd has something to do with efficiency, as though to maximize the amount of passengers for that particular train, and little to do with what was best for the ailing man.

Given the fare hikes and the amount of money needed to cross over the bridges and tunnels, the protocol should be up for public scrutiny.

The behemoth is out of control.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 13:17

Sick Passenger on JSQ-bound PATH Feb 16th around 9pm

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/13 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
I was on a train going to JSQ around 9pm this evening and I along with many others saw a man having an issue, who was checked out by the conductor. He was slouched over, almost on the ground if not for having his arm hung around the pole. The conductor checked him, they stopped and made everyone get out at 14th street and returned to 33rd st. He did not look good, very pale and I didn't see much until the conductor went to check on him. People were saying he started breathing heavy and then appeared to be passing out, though his eyes were open.

While I fear the worst for this guy who appeared to be in his 40s / early 50s, I was wondering if anyone on this forum was there or knows about the situation. Was a scary thing to witness and I'm hoping he made it out ok / was successfully treated when they returned to 33rd st. And while I don't know the rules / protocol that PATH staff have to follow I was a bit curious as to why they didn't just stay at 14th street and have somebody come to the train to help. Definitely one of those moments that made me think, next time I hear the notice "train delays due to a sick passenger" I'll try to have more positive thoughts than vent about my own commute...

Posted on: 2016/2/17 4:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017