Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City artist KAWS' gigantic cartoon sculptures
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
nice work. i wonder if any of the artists have considered displaying their artwork along the hudson river waterfront walkway or in lsp a la cristo in central park.

"Christo" ;) And his and Jeanne-Claude's work are in-place environmental pieces. Something like KAWS would be more like putting big sculptures on the greenway or in the park.

Putting big sculptures at random points in LSP on a temporary basis might work out OK. Tho' LSP is not Storm King.

Posted on: 2016/2/3 14:10

Re: Jersey City artist KAWS' gigantic cartoon sculptures
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
nice work. i wonder if any of the artists have considered displaying their artwork along the hudson river waterfront walkway or in lsp a la cristo in central park.

Posted on: 2016/2/3 5:02

Jersey City artist KAWS' gigantic cartoon sculptures
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Pop artist KAWS' gigantic cartoon sculptures will be taking over the Yorkshire countryside

The New Yorker, aka Brian Donnelly, is an artist, toymaker and brand - and he's now readying his first major UK show. Hettie Judah meets him
INDEPENDENT

The rain is crisping towards hail as it lashes a squat building in the West Yorkshire countryside. Inside, Brian Donnelly, known to a community of fans around the world by the alias KAWS, is installing a family of recent sculptures.

The head of each figure bears traces of a skull and crossbones – blobby bones take the place of ears and a frill of teeth stands in for the mouth, while their dead-men’s eyes are X-marks-the-spot crosses. It’s a cartoon pirate signature that makes them instantly recognisable as the work of KAWS.

The group in the gallery are diminutive siblings to a quintet of gargantuan figures installed on the other side of the valley in the Yorkshire Sculpture Park’s lakeside gardens. “I love it,” enthuses Donnelly. “I love the photos you can get from it and the rolling hills and these giant wooden pieces among all the trees.”

Read more:  http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ent ... countryside-a6841876.html

Posted on: 2016/2/3 4:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017