Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tis the Season for Package Thieves and the Inept Postal Service
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Utah neighborhood uses decoy packages on porch to discourage thieves. Neighbors of the Daybreak community, in South Jordan, Utah have been putting Amazon and UPS packages filled with rocks and other junk on their porches.

http://boingboing.net/2015/12/16/utah ... borhood-uses-decoy-p.html

Posted on: 2015/12/16 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, welcome to life.

PO box places solve this and add to your time and costs/

Quote:

alastor wrote:
Once again, I've had a USPS package stolen from my apartment building because the mail carrier refuses to ring the doorbell when it's delivered. Instead, they throw the package into the vestibule of my building and drive away, even if I'm home to receive it. When I've confronted these carriers, I'm told that it's on the orders of the Post Master, and that they're authorized to leave packages unless a signature is required. I'm no civil servant, but I don't believe that it's permissible to leave a package in a place where mail is likely to be stolen and has been stolen.

What can be done about the abysmal conditions of mail delivery in 07302? For years I've tried to address this problem with the Post Office. Obviously, they don't give a damn, and no entity holds them accountable. My next steps are the Congressman and the Office of the Inspector General.

This is all to say-- watch out for the package thieves (they might be wearing a USPS uniform)

Posted on: 2015/12/5 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
There has been cases whereby parcel delivery van drivers are being followed by friends / relatives in cars and are signalled when they make a drop with nobody home for them to come minutes later and steal the parcel.

CCTV cameras work well in situations like this, but most importantly you need to capture the licence plates of vehicles and not just an image of the thief.

https://youtu.be/lco70rCVdko

As a form of pay-back, leave a parcel full of dog poop and a rock in it - When the thief takes it, it will be heavy and bring a false sense of joy, however once home they will have a surprise never to forget - Maybe even leave a message to say you captured their theft on video to put some fear in them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWO3zKqm_KI

Posted on: 2015/12/5 21:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Tis the Season for Package Thieves and the Inept Postal Service
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/17 5:23
Group:
Registered Users
Once again, I've had a USPS package stolen from my apartment building because the mail carrier refuses to ring the doorbell when it's delivered. Instead, they throw the package into the vestibule of my building and drive away, even if I'm home to receive it. When I've confronted these carriers, I'm told that it's on the orders of the Post Master, and that they're authorized to leave packages unless a signature is required. I'm no civil servant, but I don't believe that it's permissible to leave a package in a place where mail is likely to be stolen and has been stolen.

What can be done about the abysmal conditions of mail delivery in 07302? For years I've tried to address this problem with the Post Office. Obviously, they don't give a damn, and no entity holds them accountable. My next steps are the Congressman and the Office of the Inspector General.

This is all to say-- watch out for the package thieves (they might be wearing a USPS uniform)

Posted on: 2015/12/5 18:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017