Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City pastor to lead new office of diversity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I am sure there was a nationwide search to fill this position after it was posted on the city and county job sites....

And, after that search was carried out, imagine their surprise to learn and realize that the very best candidate for the job was right in our backyard.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I am sure there was a nationwide search to fill this position after it was posted on the city and county job sites....

Posted on: 2016/2/27 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I want this job

Posted on: 2016/2/27 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Stupid appointment - Let this 'pastor' seek employment through the (his) church. Church officials and ex church officials have had a shaky history and have no place in politics and social issues ... they have failed miserably and will continue to do so with history and time chasing them with previous 'sins' and impropriety - Give me an impartial independent academic anytime with a proven track record, or are they impossible to find?

Posted on: 2016/2/27 4:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
ok, 2 1/2 years into it, this crew's only answer is to create a new department? with the same people? what happened to the staff that was to do the job in the first place? so now they get new business cards. Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Jersey City?s Office of Diversity and Inclusion hopes to end ?tale of two cities?

The Jersey City Council unanimously passed (9-0) an amendment to create the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, with responsibilities including tax abatement compliance and the hiring of minorities and women-owned businesses by developers.

Jersey City Council President Lavarro called the move the ?promise fulfilled to the rest of Jersey City, outside of downtown, and making sure that as we are talking about making a bridge ending the tale of two cities and I think this is critical and key.?

Aside from reviewing the annual a report from the Abatement and Compliance officer, it will coordinate with the employment and training office which have a database of ?minorities and women-owned businesses of which developers can choose from.?

Read more:  http://hudsoncountyview.com/jersey-ci ... opes-end-tale-two-cities/

Posted on: 2016/2/27 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion hopes to end ‘tale of two cities’

The Jersey City Council unanimously passed (9-0) an amendment to create the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, with responsibilities including tax abatement compliance and the hiring of minorities and women-owned businesses by developers.

Jersey City Council President Lavarro called the move the “promise fulfilled to the rest of Jersey City, outside of downtown, and making sure that as we are talking about making a bridge ending the tale of two cities and I think this is critical and key.”

Aside from reviewing the annual a report from the Abatement and Compliance officer, it will coordinate with the employment and training office which have a database of “minorities and women-owned businesses of which developers can choose from.”

Read more:  http://hudsoncountyview.com/jersey-ci ... opes-end-tale-two-cities/

Posted on: 2016/2/27 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
$90,000 per year? To do what? I'm willing to bet that 90% of his time is going to be spent sitting around in his office with two pieces of paper on his desk that have a 2-4 week turnaround time. This is why it takes so long to get anything done in this city. We pay people absurd amounts of money to sit on their ass doing nothing.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Showtime wrote:
I can only say that I'm disappointed in myself.

I bought Fulop's "rage against the machine" bit hook, line and sinker. He was a good councilman.

Only to witness his 180 once he got into office.

I agree. I know Yvonne thinks I'm on Fulop's payroll but Councilman Fulop and Mayor Fulop have taken completly flip flopped positions, especially when it comes to Tax Abatements. Councilman Fulop was hitting Healy very hard on tax abatements and promised to halt them for residential properties on the waterfront. That hasn't exactly happened (but I'm not 100% sure on that claim). I do believe abatements are important to foster economic development in this high tax state, but the 30 year abatements are too much. The goal should be giving the developers just enough of what's needed to make the project happen and bring to the tax rolls as soon as possible. I don't buy the argument that it takes 30 years in order for the developer to decide to build. 5 to 10 years is incentive enough on the waterfront. Maybe a little more for Journal Square and Greenville, but not 30. Let's see the tax revenue in our lifetimes!!

Posted on: 2015/12/2 15:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
I can only say that I'm disappointed in myself.

I bought Fulop's "rage against the machine" bit hook, line and sinker. He was a good councilman.

Only to witness his 180 once he got into office.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
What happened to one dollar a year appointments? Morris Pesin was the first city's Cultural Affairs Director and his salary was one dollar a year. Is it any wonder spending has increased $50 million since Healy's last budget.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 1:34

Edited by Yvonne on 2015/12/2 2:01:27

Jersey City pastor to lead new office of diversity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City pastor to lead new office of diversity

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
December 01, 2015 at 5:34 PM.

JERSEY CITY — The Rev. Reginald McRae will be the city's first chief diversity and inclusion officer, a new position the city says was created to ensure minority- and women-owned businesses have equal access to winning city contracts.

McRae, 58, has been pastor of Mt. Pisgah A.M.E. Church, one of the city's largest churches, for 15 years. He'll earn an annual salary of $90,000 in his new role, part of Mayor Steve Fulop's efforts to address a 2011 report, known as the Croson study, that concluded few minority-owned firms were winning contracts with the city.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _office_of_diversity.html

Posted on: 2015/12/2 1:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017