Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSE&G Worry Free Repair Programs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
I had the opposite experience. I have an old forced air heater that wasn't working right so I called PSE&G to not only do the service & repair but to explore getting on board with the service. Instead, I got a repairman who said the heater was on its last legs & tried to get me to commit to purchasing a new heater through PSE&G for about $12k. I thanked him, called up a local guy, who after checking everything out said that I needed a couple of things replaced, he would have it within 5 days (this was in spring so heat wasn't an issue) & everything should be good to go. The guy made the repair, cost was under 1k, & he said he'll see me in another 25 years.

Posted on: 2015/10/17 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sam112 wrote:
I have had my 40+ year old gas boiler under contract for several years and can vouch for their service. We upgraded to the premium version when it came out -- covers additional components. About 5 or 6 year ago, we had problems with the boiler and called them. Their repairman came and actually started pulling out various parts saying they weren't necessary -- we were nervous, but have to say it worked fine afterwards. They also replaced the expansion tank last year or the year before. Not sure if necessary if you have a relatively new boiler. But for an old one like ours, I'm sure it has saved us a lot.
Appointments were made fairly quickly and repair guys have been very good.

Agreed. I was very impressed with the repair guys they sent out for our ancient boiler. They had extensive knowledge and a serious work ethic. I never felt I was being ripped off and my problems were always addressed quickly. A good investment IMHO.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
I have had my 40+ year old gas boiler under contract for several years and can vouch for their service. We upgraded to the premium version when it came out -- covers additional components. About 5 or 6 year ago, we had problems with the boiler and called them. Their repairman came and actually started pulling out various parts saying they weren't necessary -- we were nervous, but have to say it worked fine afterwards. They also replaced the expansion tank last year or the year before. Not sure if necessary if you have a relatively new boiler. But for an old one like ours, I'm sure it has saved us a lot.
Appointments were made fairly quickly and repair guys have been very good.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 3:32

PSE&G Worry Free Repair Programs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Any thoughts on this service offering monthly insurance for boilers and water heaters.

Prices are reasonable just wondering if the service calls pan out.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 2:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017