Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC's signature projects that are stalled seemingly forever

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/12 3:03
Group:
Registered Users
Tommy figuratively can it with the "literallys" as what you stated would have been 100% perfectly unambiguously clear and understood without the employment of those wholly unnecessary "literallys"! Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zerkski wrote:
How about those towers that were supposed to be built in Journal Square!!! Tore down a whole row of dilapidated stores just prior to a HEaly election , pics of the gleaming skyscraper were posted on the site for years...still nada!

That project actually dates clear back to the Shundler administration. A (now busted) fountain got built but not much else.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 20:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/19 13:13
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
How about those towers that were supposed to be built in Journal Square!!! Tore down a whole row of dilapidated stores just prior to a HEaly election , pics of the gleaming skyscraper were posted on the site for years...still nada!

Posted on: 2015/9/18 19:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/3 14:35
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Last I heard about Powerhouse, the developer wanted to add a 40 story building to the plans. Not sure how that's going but no movement there that I could see.

The Embankment is still in some sort of legal battle with Hyman. Once the ruling is final, the city would still have to actually purchase the Embankment (assuming they win).

I've heard that Gull's Cove 2 has already started sales. No word yet on construction.

Monty's Public House seems to have updated their FB page recently - https://www.facebook.com/Montys-Public ... 163692473799989/timeline/

Nothing I know about Hard Grove. Construction on the building next to it was halted when 143 Newark Ave was apparently in danger of collapse (sometime last year), but the site had been stabilized and it now seems the building next door is back under construction.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
If it's not a high rise condo, it's not getting built in JC in the next ten years.

You mean rental apartments....

Speaking of condos and long-stalled projects, what's the situation with Gull's Cove II? Sales office was supposed to open on Sept 15th - did it?

And not sure if these would be considered "signature projects", but how about;
1. Monty's Public House (or whatever that place that has been under construction for at least 4 years is called)
2. Hard Grove's new location (been under construction for a year now?)

Posted on: 2015/9/18 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
3. White Eagle Hall (different because it's a private vs public project, but high profile nonetheless) -- is this thing happening?
There's activity in White Eagle Hall every day, it's definitely happening. I think people underestimated the scope of that project, especially with all the effort to preserve the building, including the really cool stained glass. Plus it's the first music venue in Jersey City in probably 70 years so they're breaking some new ground.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
If it's not a high rise condo, it's not getting built in JC in the next ten years.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 18:36

JC's signature projects that are stalled seemingly forever
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I know there are separate threads on each of these projects, and they each have their own set of challenges, but I was thinking recently about these 3 in particular, that have literally been "in the works" or in development for years, with literally nothing to show.

1. Powerhouse -- seriously does anybody actually have an idea what the plan of action is for ANYTHING to happen here?

2. Embankment park -- we've heard about it for like 10 years. Is anything going to happen?

3. White Eagle Hall (different because it's a private vs public project, but high profile nonetheless) -- is this thing happening?

I guess my point is ... will the Jersey City of say, 2025, actually include any of these projects in a completed state?

It's frustrating because these are projects that, unlike boring skyscrapers that obstruct streetscapes with freaking parking garages, these actually would make Jersey City unique and interesting.

Are these kind of massive delays / red tape just inherent to Jersey City? Is it a NJ thing? I feel like in the boroughs, interesting things just happen; in JC, there are ideas floated around for 10 years before anything even comes close to happening.

These are 3 projects that can really put JC on the map, honestly. In the current state, who is really visiting Jersey City other than those that either A. have a friend who lives here, or B. live in suburban NJ and wants a "city" night out without crossing the river? I feel like these are 3 projects that could carve out some level of uniqueness for JC.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 18:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017