Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Non Traditional NJ Wedding Venues
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/3 15:29
Group:
Registered Users
There is a chapel on Sandy Hook that is a choice spot for weddings. How non traditional it is seems like a personal decision.

It's on the west side of the Hook, right on the water. Really great spot.

Posted on: 2015/8/28 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
My friends went the airbnb route this summer for their wedding, and it was really lovely. The deal was that the wedding took place on the property -- there weren't 100 walking through the house, using the bathroom, etc. They had a tent and nice porta potties.

As for nontraditional venues, I think you can do wedding ceremonies at Lucy the Margate Elephant.

Posted on: 2015/8/28 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cuse04 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I once performed a wedding in a gazebo in Spring Lake. It was across the street from the reception location. I can't recall the name as it's been a long time.

There is also the possibility of doing the wedding on the beach itself. This would depend upon the number of people going, but I'm sure towns would have no problem providing a permit to use a section of a beach for a wedding and then locating a reception hall nearby.

In terms of different ideas... rent out a large Victorian in a shore town with some property. Use the property to have the wedding. The front door acts as the main stage. A large enough front yard could have some folding chairs (or people stand depending upon how long the wedding service is). Then you use the yard, pool, etc for food and fun.

A dance floor could be easily built from wood. DJs have their own equipment for speakers and such. There are party groups that rent out chairs, tents, etc. Then you get yourself a solid catering company.

Thanks. This is exactly what we're thinking. Contacting the town for permits (seems like some do and some don't require that), and then finding a reception hall nearby.

I spoke to someone about using Air BNB for your second suggestions, but I'll have to look into that more. My fiance read somewhere that most owners will not let you have the wedding at their place.

It really does depend on the place, date, time, etc... However, it's definitely doable. I had a great time officiating a wedding that was just like that. There was a Victorian home with a pool and enough property to do it. The guest list was between 50-100.

If you double down on the wedding and make it a week-long getaway, you might be able to find an amenable summer rental property owner. You rent the place for a week. Have the wedding at the beginning so your clean-up runs through the week. It would be a bit of a rush on the setup, but you keep it simple and let the company bringing chairs, tables and tents to do the work.

Posted on: 2015/8/27 14:22
Dos A Cero

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I once performed a wedding in a gazebo in Spring Lake. It was across the street from the reception location. I can't recall the name as it's been a long time.

There is also the possibility of doing the wedding on the beach itself. This would depend upon the number of people going, but I'm sure towns would have no problem providing a permit to use a section of a beach for a wedding and then locating a reception hall nearby.

In terms of different ideas... rent out a large Victorian in a shore town with some property. Use the property to have the wedding. The front door acts as the main stage. A large enough front yard could have some folding chairs (or people stand depending upon how long the wedding service is). Then you use the yard, pool, etc for food and fun.

A dance floor could be easily built from wood. DJs have their own equipment for speakers and such. There are party groups that rent out chairs, tents, etc. Then you get yourself a solid catering company.

Thanks. This is exactly what we're thinking. Contacting the town for permits (seems like some do and some don't require that), and then finding a reception hall nearby.

I spoke to someone about using Air BNB for your second suggestions, but I'll have to look into that more. My fiance read somewhere that most owners will not let you have the wedding at their place.

Posted on: 2015/8/27 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/27 14:03
Dos A Cero

Non Traditional NJ Wedding Venues
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:37
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

My fiance and I just got engaged and are looking to get married in July or August of 2016. We know we need to get a move on, but were wondering if anyone had suggestions for great non traditional wedding venues that we can rent out (bring our own catering in, etc). Ideally, we'd like to be within a 20 minute drive from a shore town ... doesn't matter where on the shore. Anywhere from Sandy Hook to Cape May will do.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2015/8/27 13:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017