Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Political Insider: Mayor Fulop is here, there and everywhere
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Political Insider: Mayor Fulop is here, there and everywhere

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal The Star-Ledger
July 25, 2015 at  7:33 AM

On slow summer weeks, I write columns like this one – quick, semi-witty (to some) reviews concerning recent headlines involving Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, who will be the center of the Hudson County's and the state's news cycle through at least 2017.

Let's start with a basic observation. When there's something prescient written about the mayor of the soon to be biggest city in New Jersey, it has to be journalistically correct and note that Fulop is "considering" a run for governor.

Last year, the progressive and metro-male mayor rebuffed talk about his gubernatorial aspirations, saying he has a city to run. My columns pointed out that he has a proper portfolio to build if he wants to be governor – and he does.

We have reached the next level in the recognized stages of denial of candidacy for higher office. While being interviewed on New Jersey Public Television, the mayor actually said he'd "consider" sitting in the governor's office. I have to take it on faith by several colleagues because I actually didn't see it. I found the clip online and after watching it, it seems he answered a question in such a way that really held little substance. It's a little bit like asking, would you consider having a steak dinner tonight? Yeah, sure, but I should really stay with the salad – salad being of course the metaphor for Jersey City. I know, it's quibbling.

Read More: http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... _and_ev.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/7/26 3:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017