Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Avoid Riveredge Management Based In Clifton New Jersey

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/27 17:33
From West New York
Group:
Registered Users
HERE IS ANOTHER ARTICLE ABOUT RIVEREDGE MANAGEMENT. AGAIN, THIS IS THR SAME COMPANY THAT MANAGES 500 GARFIELD AVENUE. WHY HASN'T the STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE THE LOCAL DISTRICT OFFICE STEPPED IN TO INVESTGATE AND STOP THESE PEOPLE FROM ENGAGING IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES?

Three Bayonne seniors have been living in 'horrid' conditions after owners of the property said a leaky roof would not be fixed until spring. March, 3, 2014.

Felix Alarcon/The Jersey Journal By Felix Alarcon/The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on March 05, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Seniors in a Kennedy Boulevard apartment building who endured a monthlong leaky roof, have gotten their pleas heard and repairs have begun, according to a city official.

Michael Mulcahy, the city?s property maintenance code official, met with The Jersey Journal yesterday to address the residents? concerns and issues with Riveredge Management.

Last week, seniors in the building complained the owners of their apartment building were not addressing their concerns about a leaky roof that seeped water from the third floor to the first.

Mulcahy confirmed that Riveredge Management LLC, which owns several hundred units in Bayonne, has been fined ?$7,973 for prior heat issue complaints in other units," not exclusive to the 102-106 Kennedy Blvd. building.

?If they don?t comply, we issue violations and summonses,? Mulcahy said. ?Within 12 hours they will be in court. My office cannot respond to what we?re not aware of.?

Stephen Gallo, business administrator, confirmed that the Fire Department visited the apartment on Feb. 5 about the leaky roof, and on Feb. 10, the building had a heat issue.

Mulcahy said he reached out to officials of Riveredge Management and repairs on the moldy and water-stained ceilings were in the process of being done by the owner?s contractors.

?New Sheetrock and roof cement repairs were made today,? Mulcahy said.

?For three years I?ve had them in the court,? Mulcahy said in regards to the violations issued. ?I?ve sat down and met with them. They?ve pleaded guilty to the seven heat complaints (recently).?

Calls to Riveredge Management by The Jersey Journal were not returned.

As for the residents? concerns of the roof?s structural integrity, Mulcahy said city officials will ?look into it immediately.?

Dorothy DeVenuta, who complained about the ?unlivable? conditions in her apartment, was relieved that her ceiling was being repaired.

?They fixed the ceilings on the spots that were bad,? DeVenuta said. ?I?m very happy about them coming out to fix it. I hope they fix the roof right, so this doesn?t happen again.?

DeVenuta was critical about about one thing.

?They made a big mess on my floor and I had to clean it,? she said. ?I had nicer ceilings, but what are you going to do about it? My friends were asking me for autographs.?

Posted on: 2015/6/21 11:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
From West New York
Group:
Registered Users
Citiview Management LLC
10 Underwood Place, Suite 15
Clifton, NJ 07013
Office: 973.773.1860
Facsimile: 973.771.3354

This is the HOLDING COMPANYfor RIVERVIEW MANAGEMENT. THE FOUNDER,S NAME IS NATHAN PERLOWITZ. Tenants living in their horrible buildings throughout Hudson County need to start comparing notes. Housing inspectors will not do their job. Write to the Atttonrey General's Office.

These people specialize in vacating rent- controlled apArtments and raising the rents.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 11:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I googled the phone number and this showed up.

http://www.whitepages.com/business/jeffrey-unger-clifton-nj

Jeffrey Unger
Corporate Law

Posted on: 2015/6/20 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/16 6:03
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Think wrote:
....Call your local Housing enforcement Code agency and request an inspection of your apartments and buildings. If that does not work, call and write to the State Attorney General Office.

Please, just make sure they don't send the same Inspector who ?inspected? this building previously....

So yes, it seems this Company is a truly awful landlord to be avoided if at all possible. However, WHO FROM THE CITY AND / OR STATE WAS INSPECTING AND PASSING THIS BUILDING? Our tax dollars PAY Fire Safety and Housing Inspectors to keep us safe by making sure this sort of neglect doesn't happen. Multi-family buildings are required to have inspections and it certainly looks as if someone wasn't doing their job here.

It's not believable that since the last ?inspection? the fire escape deteriorated to the extent that steps were collapsing from one person's weight, as the Jersey Journal reported. According to Jennifer Morrill, City spokesperson, that inspection was in 2012. So, at most, 3?, possibly just 2?, years ago. It's an act of God no one was seriously injured or killed.

What kind of inspections are these that this was evidently completely overlooked? It's not as though this hasn't been on the radar screen. Detailed requirements for Fire Escapes have been in place for years. The Department of Community Affairs first issued FTO-3 (link below), about Fire Escapes, over 30 years ago, and other Code requirements for Fire Escapes go back long before that.

There's a good deal more to this than some negligent landlord....

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/ ... cations/pdf_fto/fto_3.pdf

Posted on: 2015/6/20 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
One of my pet peeves is that articles about these scoundrel management companies and corporate owners never include the names of the owners. Why do we learn the names and addresses of alleged criminals before they are found guilty, but rarely or never similar information on slumlords, alleged or guilty?

Posted on: 2015/6/20 21:47

Avoid Riveredge Management Based In Clifton New Jersey

Hide User information
Last Login :
From West New York
Group:
Registered Users
A recent fire at 500 Garfield Avenue in Jersey City exposed the fact that there was no working fire escape at the property according to articles in The Jersey Journal. 500 Garfield Avenue is owned by 500 Garfield Avenue JC LLC. The building is interesting architecturally. I cannot imagine a fire escape deteriorating to the degree depicted in the photographs in the article if building was PROPERLY inspected and, furthermore, managed by a responsible landlord.

500 Garfield Avenue JC LLC is managed by a company called Riveredge Management. They are located at 65 Kingsland Avenue, #2, Clifton, New Jersey. Their telephone number (which is an answering services) is: (973) 365-1990.

Riveredge Management owns a lot of property in Hudson County.

They are basically slumlord investors who buy properties in depressed areas and find ways to increase rents in rent controlled properties.

All you have to do is Google Riveredge. You will find articles and reviews hat document their practices such as their failure to provide heat and hot water in a building where senior citizens live over the course of three years.

Residents in Hudson County should avoid renting any apartments by Riveredge Management ( ask the realtor who the landlord is before signing a lease. it could very well be Riveredge Management. Read the lease csrefully. If you live in a rent controlled property. Know your rights and call your local Housing authority. Read The Tenant's Handbook available to New a jersey residents. Google it. It is free.

It is a wonder that to one was hurt or killed at 500 Garfield Avenue; but, this should serve as a warning to all those who are currently living in buildings owned by Riveredge Management.

Call your local Housing enforcement Code agency and request an inspection of your apartments and buildings. If that does not work, call and write to the State Attorney General Office.

Tenants living in their buildings have been complaining for years about their business practices.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 21:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017