Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Where in the city can I attend criminal trials?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 19:05
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the information!

Yes, I know and am prepared for tedium - if only our lives were like what they show on TV!

Looks like I missed the court night. But I am interested in attending some real cases anyways.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2015/6/3 13:38

Re: Where in the city can I attend criminal trials?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
The courthouse on Newark Ave is the courthouse to visit to hear "more serious" criminal and civil cases. Not sure about the municipal courthouse on Summit (other than for parking/motor vehicle cases).

I believe courtrooms are opened for the most part (not family court) for the public to visit. Be prepared to sit for a while as the logistics are played out. It's definitely NOT like on television.

I've been to tenant/landlord court on Newark Ave a few times and it is interesting to view the process and hear how litigants present their cases. The judges are very knowledgeable and fair, in my experience, and you do walk away learning about the process.

There was a post here recently inviting the public to a court night. Perhaps you could call or PM them for more information.

Here's the court's website

If you have a lot of time, you might want to consider becoming a court volunteer.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2015/6/3 1:31

Where in the city can I attend criminal trials?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 19:05
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Out of sheer curiosity (and plenty of time), I'd like to attend a criminal case/trial, just to know what goes in there/how things work.

Which court in the city should I visit? The hudson county court at Newark ave or the municipal court at Summit? (or some other court?)

Also, do they publish list of cases being heard?

Posted on: 2015/6/2 23:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017