Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cops posed as customers to bust open air drug market in Hoboken, authorities say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
At least one of these criminals - James Fields - was arrested just 3 months ago at the beginning of February. So if they get out of jail so quickly, what's the point of arresting them? Just to have a big press release and make it look like our neighborhoods are getting cleaned up when they really aren't?

How many of the 81 people arrested in this drug bust last March are still in prison? http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_police_arrest_81_p.html How about all those people arrested in the half-dozen or so drug busts that took place within a few months of when Fulop took office?

Posted on: 2015/5/13 0:41

Re: Cops posed as customers to bust open air drug market in Hoboken, authorities say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
How has this not happened yet at the "open air drug market" bodega on Newark Ave and Barrow?? There's no reason anyone would be driving their car to run into that bodega at random hours of the night. It's so obvious! I have no idea how that place hasn't been busted yet.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmellonworth wrote:
There are 2 that I am aware of... I am guessing this was the one at 3rd and Jackson. The other is on Newark where Hoboken Vine is.

i'd forgotten about the one on Newark, that's got the dunkin donuts in it, behind the car wash and edge wrestling, yea?

I had zero clue about the one on 3rd & Jackson tho. All these years and I had no idea. Street View on google makes me think i'm not really missing anything.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmellonworth wrote:
There are 2 that I am aware of... I am guessing this was the one at 3rd and Jackson. The other is on Newark where Hoboken Vine is.
interesting, i see that one person has ben charged with intent to sell to an undercover police officer. i think it is fair to charge the drug dealer with an attempt to sell to an individual, but there should be no extra penalty for attempting to sell to an undercover police officer since the drug dealer did not know or intend to sell to an undercover officer

Posted on: 2015/5/12 16:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/28 22:28
From The Village, Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/12 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
in other news, hoboken has a strip mall?

Posted on: 2015/5/12 13:33

Cops posed as customers to bust open air drug market in Hoboken, authorities say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City-In the months leading up to Friday's massive raid, police officers posed as drug-hungry customers to bust dealers outside a Hoboken strip mall, according to court documents.

Thirteen of the 18 people arrested in connection with the open air drug market appeared in Central Judicial Processing court on Monday, mostly via video from the Hudson County jail in Kearny. The men are accused of selling drugs?a mix of heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana?near a strip mall in Hoboken, a spot city police say has operated as an undisguised drug market.

Criminal complaints against the 13 men show that many of them sold drugs to undercover police officers multiple times in the area in the past three months. Many of the sales happened near city schools, the Hoboken Housing Authority and the NJ Transit Light Rail?places where selling or possessing drugs means extra criminal charges.

For example, Raymond Latimer, 26, of Hoboken, is accused of having 38 bags of heroin when he was arrested on May 8 near the Thomas G. Connors Elementary School, according to court documents. He was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia for a Starburst candy wrapper that he allegedly used to hide the heroin.

Authorities raided the West Side Plaza on Friday, following a two-month investigation into the drug market. Businesses in the strip mall and residents had complained to police about illegal activity in the area, Hoboken police Chief Kenneth Ferrante said.

Police arrested 14 people on Friday afternoon and one man on Wednesday in connection with the drug sales, he said. Three more men were arrested Friday evening near the Hoboken Housing Authority in connection with drug sales outside the strip mall, Ferrante said.

The following 13 arrestees appeared in court on Monday:

Kishaun Gilyard, 20, of Hoboken
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
Bail: $50,000 cash
Jarell D. Lee, 23, of North Bergen
Charges: possession of heroin with the intent to distribute, drug possession within 1,000 feet of a school, sale of crack cocaine to an undercover officer, sale of heroin to an undercover officer, drug possession within 500 feet of public property
Bail: $100,000 cash
Dyshawn G. Ladson, of Jersey City
Charges: fugitive from justice (on probation in North Carolina for burglary), conspiracy to sell crack cocaine, sale of crack cocaine to an undercover officer, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property
Andre Wheeler, 31, of Hoboken
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property
Bail: $125,000
John P. Ramos, 42, of Jersey City
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
Bail: $125,000 cash
James Fields, 27, of Jersey City
Charges: conspiracy to sell heroin, heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
Bail: $125,000 cash
Julio Fermaint, 22, of Hoboken
Charges: conspiracy to sell crack cocaine, crack cocaine sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
Bail: $75,000 cash
Stacey Johnson, 44, of Hoboken
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property,
Larry Ladson, 35, of Jersey City
Charges: possession of heroin with the intent to distribute, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
Bail: Posted
Curtis Jeffries, 43, of Hoboken
Charges: obstruction, hindering his own apprehension, drug possession within 1,000 feet of a school, drug possession within 500 feet of public property, possession of marijuana and heroin with the intent to distribute
Bail: $75,000 cash
Ray Latimer Jr., 26, of Hoboken
Charges: possession of heroin with the intent to distribute, drug possession within 1,000 feet of a school, drug possession within 500 feet of public property, possession of drug paraphernalia, defiant trespass
Bail: $125, 000 cash
Luis A. Santiago, 23, of Hoboken
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug possession within 1,000 feet of a school, drug possession within 500 feet of public property
Bail: $50,000

Shaquil D. Huggins, of Jersey City
Charges: heroin sales to an undercover police officer, drug distribution within 500 feet of public property, drug distribution within 1,000 feet of a school

Story

Posted on: 2015/5/12 11:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017