Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: moving from out of state...parking situation when unloading?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/16 14:24
From Beirut
Group:
Registered Users
Same as if you were moving from in state, or mars.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:
So if I need to purchase and put it in advance, I'd probably have to ask someone I know to do it for me, unless I can purchase it over the phone and see if they can hang them for me

I got the impression they'll do this. The signs are for the period you buy, it'll say the day, date time on the signs. For 1 truck they'll give you at least 2, if you say it's really big, more.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 17:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/31 12:21
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for all the responses !!!

Im moving right by Pavonia Ave and Erie St

Got more questions based on your responses...and I'd like to apologize in advance if my questions sound dumb

1. Is the no parking sign only for the truck? If so, where can I park my car if I dont have a permit yet... or should I get the parking permit as well when I get the signs?

2. should I purchase one sign per truck or should I get two to put on each end of the space that I want to reserve?

3. If im putting the sign in advance, will the it say the time/date im reserving the spot?

Sorry but Im totally ignorant about this.

I was actually planning on arriving the night before the move in day. So if I need to purchase and put it in advance, I'd probably have to ask someone I know to do it for me, unless I can purchase it over the phone and see if they can hang them for me

Posted on: 2015/3/24 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CaptainOats wrote:
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:
I'm currently in Michigan and I'm moving to Hamilton Park next month. I don't have a parking permit yet and I am not yet familiar with the rules in terms of parking just to unload my stuff to the apartment and I was hoping anyone could help me get familiar with things that I need to do to reserve parking area/spot (e.g. no parking signs) for 1 car and one moving truck.

I did send an email to JC Parking Authority but no response yet.

I appreciate all the help I can get :)

Where in the Hamilton Park area are you moving to?

I agree with others, most people ignore the no parking signs.

When I moved in the area 2 years ago I posted them days in advance and no one cared. I called the parking authority to ask them to do something. I ended up parking in front of a fire hydrant to unload and by the time the parking authority showed up (an hour after I called), we were already done unloading the truck.

I believe JCPD has taken over parking enforcement though so business may pick up. I've already noticed a large uptick in tickets for cars parked in non-legal spots. I for one am very happy to see this.

What CaptainOats just said. Based on what I am seeing over the past week or two, the Parking Authority and/or JCPD have stepped the enforcement of parking abusers. Hopefully, they will keep at it. People around here are used to doing as they wish, parking all the way to the corner of intersections, and sometimes parking in ways that block handicapped ramps and such.

Regardless, in order to get help with the enforcement of No Parking signs, you must have satisfied the requirement to post them at least 24 hours in advance.

As for what WhoElseCouldIBe wrote ("Perhaps they should check every day.") I would only say that checking on your car every day is not a legal requirement. If someone is legally parked on a street, they can remain there for however long is allowed by the law. So, not sure what you are getting at with your statement. Perhaps it IS good common sense to check on your car every day (whenever I park on a street, I try to remind myself to check on the car daily, but only because I am very OCD) but I see nothing inherently wrong with not checking on it.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 16:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:
I'm currently in Michigan and I'm moving to Hamilton Park next month. I don't have a parking permit yet and I am not yet familiar with the rules in terms of parking just to unload my stuff to the apartment and I was hoping anyone could help me get familiar with things that I need to do to reserve parking area/spot (e.g. no parking signs) for 1 car and one moving truck.

Where in the Hamilton Park area are you moving to?

I agree with others, most people ignore the no parking signs.

When I moved in the area 2 years ago I posted them days in advance and no one cared. I called the parking authority to ask them to do something. I ended up parking in front of a fire hydrant to unload and by the time the parking authority showed up (an hour after I called), we were already done unloading the truck.

I believe JCPD has taken over parking enforcement though so business may pick up. I've already noticed a large uptick in tickets for cars parked in non-legal spots. I for one am very happy to see this.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:

Some people do park and their cars and don't check on them again until the day street cleaning is scheduled, so ample notice would be appreciated.

Perhaps they should check every day.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
People just ignore the signs. Last time I posted them before the street sweeping so ANYONE who parked there did so after I posted. 2 days later on the day it was in effect, all parked up.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:

All you need to know is here: No Parking and Meter Bags

Short version: you can buy No Parking signs that you should post at least 24 hours in advance to alert neighbors you have "reserved" a section of street/block for a move. If you wish to make a good first impression with your neighbors, you should try and give them more than just 24-hours notice. I would say, post them as early as possible (say, two or three days before). Some people do park and their cars and don't check on them again until the day street cleaning is scheduled, so ample notice would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
You're better off just calling the Parking Authority. You can buy NO PARKING signs to accommodate your truck. With enough notice, they will hang them for you.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 13:05

moving from out of state...parking situation when unloading?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/31 12:21
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/24 13:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017