Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Lot Issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The parking authority merged with the police department, call the police department non emergency number.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 22:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There should be an alternative, municipal garages/lots where someone is held accountable.

The only municipal lot nearby is a nice little parking lot, that's decently maintained and usually only half used on any given day. The only physical problem I see with that lot is that one of the nearby residents uses it as a pooping ground for his dog and doesn't clean up.

I called the parking authority who's sign is posted on the lot and they told me that they'll place me on the waiting list. This was 2 years ago. Kept calling back and same story.

Now that the parking authority will be defunct, I don't know who to call.

The neighborhood association says that the city has no plans to build any municipal lots in the area for the forseeable future.

There are other seemingly open private lots near by that are better maintained, but I don't see a way for me to find out who to call to rent those spaces. The only sign posted in those lots is a towing company sign and they rarely have more than 1 car in them whenever I see them.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 22:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

I just don't see any upside to staying.

Well, the upside is that during the hours I usually come home, there's a space for me. Before I started at this parking lot I used to street park. At between 6-7pm there are usually no street spaces within a 3 block radius of my house, and it took 15-30 minutes to find one more or less every day.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
There should be an alternative, municipal garages/lots where someone is held accountable.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
You should really leave that lot. Why endure all that aggravation!?

Seriously, there's nothing you can do: it's a private lot. You could sue, for loss of usage (for those days when oversold and you are unable to park) but I can't imagine the redress would be much. Not to mention that the costs associated with a lawsuit would easily make any redress a moot point.

I just don't see any upside to staying.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 22:07

Parking Lot Issues

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I currently use a parking lot in Jersey City with a lot of management problems and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for anything I can do short of leaving the lot. The lot is privately owned and the issues are as follows:

1. The lot is over-rented and on occasion during the day and frequently late at night, there are no spaces left.

2. The lot is not maintained. The pavement is severely cracked and there are potholes the size of large cars. The lines have gotten so faint that it is difficult to see where they are, resulting in people using up two spaces worth of space in the lot. They do not plow or salt the lot when it snows until cars are completely unable move from being buried under the snow.

3. There are drug users that frequently hang out in the lot, or groups of men drinking alcohol

4. The owner's bookkeeping is miserable. Several times, he's contacted me asking about where my payment is when my online banking already shows the check withdrawn from my account.

5. The owner never picks up his phone, office or cellphone, and messages left on his voice mail are never returned.

Unfortunately, this is the only rentable parking lot within a 5 block radius of my home. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do other than just deal with it but I was hoping someone had any ideas.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 21:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017