Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 3Br constructed in my condo without a C O
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
i dont understand how you can add a bedroom to a condo building. Do you mean just putting a drywall and split the living room into an additional bedroom?

Posted on: 2014/11/4 18:57

Re: 3Br constructed in my condo without a C O
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Pure speculation on my part, but....kind of an extreme change to make without doing your homework first.

Are you trying to rent it out? Sell it? Live in it?

It sounds like you didn't get permits and that your new bedroom might be illegal.

Did your condo association approve the change? If not, you might have violated bylaws (both in terms of adding a bedroom and electrical work).

Did you have a licensed electrician do the work? The fact that you would so easily suggest taking the electric out leads me to suspect that you didn't...which is scary (and the reason that the city and your condo association would be rightfully concerned as it could be a fire hazard).

I'm also thinking that adding a bedroom would potentially impact your tax status (i.e., your taxes should increase--possibly considerably--as three bedrooms are more valuable).

Step 1 might be checking your bylaws to see if you were even allowed to make the change in the first place?

Posted on: 2014/11/4 18:37

3Br constructed in my condo without a C O

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/4 17:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

I am a new condo owner in Jersey City. I added a bedroom (with electric) to my condo and didn't know that I am supposed to apply a CO first. I am thinking about going into Building Dept to apply one, even though it is after the fact. Could anyone suggest what do expect in my situation? Would I be fined? Shall I take out the electrical work, before getting it inspected?

Many thanks!

Posted on: 2014/11/4 17:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017