Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Robocalls from Fulop to support Corey Booker
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conformist wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Has anyone else been receiving robocalls from Fulops office to support Corey Booker? I thought robocalls were illegal in NJ.

48:17-28. Delivery of certain recorded telephone messages prohibited.
2. A caller within the State shall not use a telephone or telephone line to contact a subscriber within the State to deliver a recorded message other than for emergency purposes, unless the recorded message is introduced by an operator who shall obtain the subscriber?s consent before playing the recorded message, or unless a prior or current relationship exists between the caller and the subscriber.

Key word there is "subscriber". Unsolicited robocalls are fine, but your bank can't robocall you (e.g.).

Actually, I take that back. Looks like "subscriber" just means any call recipient. But "informational" calls, which include political endorsements, are part of the exceptions to the rules. (Of course they were carved out of the statute.)

Posted on: 2014/11/3 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Has anyone else been receiving robocalls from Fulops office to support Corey Booker? I thought robocalls were illegal in NJ.

2. A caller within the State shall not use a telephone or telephone line to contact a subscriber within the State to deliver a recorded message other than for emergency purposes, unless the recorded message is introduced by an operator who shall obtain the subscriber?s consent before playing the recorded message, or unless a prior or current relationship exists between the caller and the subscriber.

Key word there is "subscriber". Unsolicited robocalls are fine, but your bank can't robocall you (e.g.).

Posted on: 2014/11/3 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Ahh maybe that is why no one in the city/county is doing anything about the hundreds of plastic over metal framed ?CORY BOOKER US SENATE? signs that are on both sides of rt 1&9/rt 440 from Journal Square to Bayonne.

Hey Steve please make sure your buddy removes every one of the dangerous metal spiked signs after the November 4th election . I ran over a ?MENENDEZ US SENATE 2012? sign last year and got a flat. He never cleaned them up.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I got it too - I thought it was weird that he was doing a "sales" call.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Impeach him (rolls eyes)

Posted on: 2014/11/3 17:15

Robocalls from Fulop to support Corey Booker
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/3 17:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017