Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 2x44 floor rentals -- 33 Park Ave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The article you provided makes it quite clear that the building was already approved (and also has its tax abatement now). They were out there doing some initial drilling on the site last week. The reports in September said they planned to start construction "next month" (October), so presumably that was the beginning of construction, and they'll start digging foundations for Phase 1 soon.

Never seen the rendering before, though. Thanks.

Quote:

zotmeister wrote:
@jcgirl: Of course they'd want to develop it as high as they could. But given that there's a lot of objections recently for raising the restrictions to 15 stories in this link, it's hard to understand how a 44 story building was ever approved.

I have a PH corner unit in Gull's cove and it would come right in front of my view, unfortunately.

The objections in that thread were about the building being adjacent to the Paulus Hook historic district. They were still silly, but that's what the fuss was about. (Yes, a few Gulls Cove residents objected on grounds of loss of their views, too, but no one takes the "We're losing our views!" objections seriously.)

Posted on: 2014/11/3 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgirl wrote:
The way it was told to me was that none of the units in Gull's Cove would be safe. All had potential to lose the views. It was unfortunate because I liked the way the building was constructed and the layout of the units.

And I think that GC's average price/sq. ft. reflects that, by trading in the mid-600's versus low-mid 700s in Paulus Hook.

Its selling features are the generous floor plates, transit proximity (to path, ferry, hblr, bus, airport, turnpike), its straddling 2 awesome neighborhoods of PH and VVP, and all of the retail inherent in/around Grove Plaza. All in a doorman building with deeded parking.

Now if only Dean can quit stalling and finish the buildout of Phase 2, we will even see some more amenities such as a community room and a pool.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 19:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
The way it was told to me was that none of the units in Gull's Cove would be safe. All had potential to lose the views. It was unfortunate because I liked the way the building was constructed and the layout of the units.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 19:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/12 18:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
@jcgirl: Of course they'd want to develop it as high as they could. But given that there's a lot of objections recently for raising the restrictions to 15 stories in this link, it's hard to understand how a 44 story building was ever approved.

I have a PH corner unit in Gull's cove and it would come right in front of my view, unfortunately.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 19:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
None of this surprises me. If you owned the land, wouldnt you try to make it as high as you could? A few years back I looked into buying at Gull's Cove and the onsite agent was very open about views of the building being blocked by a number of proposed projects.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I don't have an update on the development, but this is the first that I've seen any info/renderings on it. It looks kind of boring. I think in the marina area, I'd prefer to see more of the type of development that is on the eastern bank of Liberty Harbor Marina (like the Madox and those other low-rose condos). Buildings that have a bit more character and are low-rise.

Although I think I'd rather see a tower like this instead of another squat mid-rise building like 18 Park, which I think is really quite ugly in both stature and finishes/design.

I live across from 18 Park, in Gulls Cove, and I actually find 18 Park to be quite pleasing to the eye and unique for JC.

As for 33 Park, the rendering isn't very helpful as it's hard to place it within the existing context. I'm aware that they've been making the right noises as my HOA circulated the relevant notices last year.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I don't have an update on the development, but this is the first that I've seen any info/renderings on it. It looks kind of boring. I think in the marina area, I'd prefer to see more of the type of development that is on the eastern bank of Liberty Harbor Marina (like the Madox and those other low-rose condos). Buildings that have a bit more character and are low-rise.

Although I think I'd rather see a tower like this instead of another squat mid-rise building like 18 Park, which I think is really quite ugly in both stature and finishes/design.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 18:38

2x44 floor rentals -- 33 Park Ave

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/12 18:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the "33 Park Ave" project is approved / slated for construction? I am surprised such a tall building would be approved in that area and I wonder how it would affect the value of my unit in Gull's cove building right behind.

Link to news piece
Link to the developer page

I believe it is lot 107 in the following page: Lot 107

[img align=left width=300]http://www.fisherorganization.com/thumb.php?src=uploads%2FBOTTOM+NE_Pref+Opt_rendering+reduced.jpg&h=450&zc=1[/img]
Thank you for the information.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 18:25

Edited by zotmeister on 2014/11/3 18:48:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017