Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: to JC from CA
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I would stay away from this website unless you're an intellectually challenged political type or a member of the KKK.

Funny you should say that. Your account has been active for less than a month. How would you know all about this website? Looking at your posts, you seem to rail against "scared white guys" quite a bit.

Now if we close our eyes to the substantial likelihood that you are an alternate account of a pathetic user with too much time on his hands (such as, I don't know, Old Skool), and we believe you are a new user, why do you continue to come to a website you hate?

I know if I found a new hangout and was repulsed by it, I wouldn't go back. Maybe that's just me.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 2:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/15 23:15
Group:
Registered Users
@JCFromCA You won't be disappointed with your move. Jersey City is a great city. JC is very diverse, friendly, good restaurants, bars etc. The proximity to NYC is perfect for commuting to and from work. My wife Erin and I lived in Santa Monica and moved to NYC for work. Fyi...She is a REMAX agent (serving downtown) and can assist you with your condo and area search. We know JC extremely well -moved here 10 years ago. No pressure either way -just wanted to welcome you here and help out if we could.

http://www.jerseycitywaterfront.com

Office: 201.300.4777 ext 6
Email: erindownsrealtor@gmail.com

Either way good luck in your travels.

Btw: Our instagram handles

@jerseycitywaterfront

@starvingjerseycity

Posted on: 2014/10/15 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
There are a plethora of nice and new rental buildings: ArtHouse, 18 Park, York and Warren, Telco lofts, Grove Pointe that are downtown JC and are within an easy walking distance of the PATH train. I'm sure there are many more that others can add to the list but these are some off the top of my head.

Use Weichert or some other agency and do a search for downtown JC (zip code: 07302) .

Renting for one year before buying will give you a better chance to explore the neighborhood and jump on any opportunities to purchase when it arises. Good luck with your move!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would stay away from this website unless you're an intellectually challenged political type or a member of the KKK.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_rider wrote:
Change your screen name to LAtoJC haha! This is still Jeysey :)

Gee -- i just thought his name was Tony.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 18:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
Change your screen name to LAtoJC haha! This is still Jeysey :)

Posted on: 2014/10/15 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
1. avoid all garden (ground) level apartments in brownstones

2. shoot for your own washer/dryer

3. ask about heating costs and type of fuel, ellectric is the most expensive

Posted on: 2014/10/15 17:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/16 18:59
From Los Angeles
Group:
Registered Users
Good to know there isn't a place that jumps out as stay away from. Hadn't thought about water in other places- good info- thanks! Not naming any buildings/complexes I am looking at since I was hoping to prevent just what you describe.

Being from LA (car heaven haha)- parking is on my list (though did not realize how challenging it could be in the van vorst park area).

Thanks for the tips!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
That's a really broad question.

A couple of things jump out:

- Being off the water doesn't necessarily mean you won't flood. There's flooding in lots of places that aren't anywhere near the water and some closer to the water that don't really flood. The water table is just really high (built JC on a swamp).

- If you're going into NYC for your job check the walk to the PATH. Some neighborhoods (mostly Hamilton Park) present a pretty long walk to get to the PATH.

-Parking can be a real bitch in the Van Vorst neighborhood (and some other spots as well). If you're getting a condo, one with a parking space included will make your life better.

- If you mention the buildings you are looking at on this thread you'll have a lot of people tell you you're an idiot for looking at any one them and they'll likely insult you as well. Welcome to NJ ;) Still, you'll also probably get some good advice sprinkled in.

- There's no place in downtown to really stay away from at this point, it is mostly a matter of preference for what type of feel you want (and avoiding poorly managed buildings or places that flood a lot).

- If you can get a spot in a building that Silverman built or manages he is one of the better regarded builders in the area and his places are generally rock solid.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 16:57

to JC from CA

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/16 18:59
From Los Angeles
Group:
Registered Users
I am moving from LA to JC in the Dec/Jan time frame- it?s all flexible at this point. Will probably rent at first to get a feel for the place, but at this point, since rates are so low I am looking at buying also. I?ve narrowed it down to the downtown part of town and have a few complexes in mind (can?t afford a brownstone- so gonna have to be condo). Probably not on waterfront since I am afraid of flooding issues (had those in CA-long story).

Gathering as much info as I can and wondering if there are places I should lean to as well as those to stay away from. Any help is appreciated- thanks!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 16:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017