Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: What is this box on light pole
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Yeah, it's DRUG DEALERS!! Anyway back to earth. It could be for a postman to access an apartment building lobby or it was actually used by a realtor or a maintenance company to access properties.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Great way to sell drugs - you make the buy and the dealer gives you the code to open the box - There is never any direct exchange of money for drugs and the dealer / seller could be in another town !

Did anyone say it was a reality or mere speculation?

You really are a 'special' person vigilante

Posted on: 2014/5/20 11:51
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
It's holding the keys to the two safes in City Hall.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 11:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe a car sharing thing. Put the keys there after you park.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Mailmen carry special keys for apartment buildings, they do not have secret stashes planted around town.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Yeah, it's DRUG DEALERS!! Anyway back to earth. It could be for a postman to access an apartment building lobby or it was actually used by a realtor or a maintenance company to access properties.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
I'd assume it's something much less exciting. Perhaps it's holding the keys to something nearby that occasionally needs maintenance, like the box controlling a traffic light -- or maybe a key to a piece of infrastructure that needs to be accessed by both city employees and private contractors like Verizon.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I never noticed the box before, but it's on the street side of the pole so generally would be hidden by parked cars and it could have been there for a long time. I get the drug scenario - easy to believe. I've never seen anyone lingering around this pole, so for all I know it may have been there for years and years and isn't even used anymore. I can't imagine it's a Realtor, they don't hide their boxes much less in a position where you'd have to be on your hands and knees on the curb!

Posted on: 2014/5/19 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Great way to sell drugs - you make the buy and the dealer gives you the code to open the box - There is never any direct exchange of money for drugs and the dealer / seller could be in another town !

And the drugs get into the box how? Exactly. Busted.

You can put drugs into the box at your leisure - day or night and the money could be done the same way into another box miles away... I quick phone call and exchange of codes and you're done - The beauty is that these codes can be changed by the owner at anytime.

No but seriously you realize how absurd that is? A tiny little, not very secure box on the street? Your imagination has no bizarre bounds.

It is bizarre, but no more bizarre when visitors to prisons shove drugs up their ass to get through the doors or drug dealers that use dogs and people the same way (drugs up the ass) to avoid detection at customs - Criminals are very innovative !

Note: A $20 or $50 bag of crack or ice (or any type of drugs or pills) is small and you could fit a $20 bag of marijuana very easily inside one!

And because drug-dealers like to see their drugs exchanged for money sight unseen? It's an absurd theory.

never heard of the silk road, bra?

Posted on: 2014/5/19 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Why don't one of you pry the box open and see what's inside? The suspense is killing me. ;)

It would be interesting to know the legality of opening one without the owners permission if its placed in the public domain - I can only assume if the box is attached to an utilities co. infrastructure or a government service providers street fixtures or private property its off limits.

If my suggestion for there us was true, all one would need to do is watch who accesses them and how frequently - It wouldn't be to hard if a key was inside and the person accesses it went to view an apartment ... this said a person looking to steal some appliances within an apartment could enter with a key after hitting the key box with a well placed shot with a heavy hammer!

Posted on: 2014/5/19 11:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't one of you pry the box open and see what's inside? The suspense is killing me. ;)

Posted on: 2014/5/19 10:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
You're assuming that all drug transactions are like in the movies, where a guy walks off the street makes a buy and moves on ... actually most drug deals are done through known associates and a network of users, where credit is even offered and the dealer knows who you are, where you live and where you work - having a few coded key safe pick-up points would be a safe way of distribution for those week-end recreational users

Posted on: 2014/5/19 3:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

You can put drugs into the box at your leisure - day or night and the money could be done the same way into another box miles away... I quick phone call and exchange of codes and you're done - The beauty is that these codes can be changed by the owner at anytime.

No but seriously you realize how absurd that is? A tiny little, not very secure box on the street? Your imagination has no bizarre bounds.

It is bizarre, but no more bizarre when visitors to prisons shove drugs up their ass to get through the doors or drug dealers that use dogs and people the same way (drugs up the ass) to avoid detection at customs - Criminals are very innovative !

Note: A $20 or $50 bag of crack or ice (or any type of drugs or pills) is small and you could fit a $20 bag of marijuana very easily inside one!

And because drug-dealers like to see their drugs exchanged for money sight unseen? It's an absurd theory.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/19 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/19 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Note - A dealer caught in the act is subject to more 'prison time' then simple possession !

Posted on: 2014/5/19 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

You may have something there. A realtor, showing a property, would have no reason to hide this, you see them all over town on railings/doors. On the other hand, a drug dealer could be leaving the key to a property where drugs are hidden or like you said, a great way to do a drug deal.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/19 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/19 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
sneaky! I bet it's just a neighbor....

Posted on: 2014/5/19 0:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
It's a Supra Slimline Push Button Lockbox - someone is putting keys in there for somebody...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/18 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
That's a key lockbox. Realtors use them and maybe the post office.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 23:43

What is this box on light pole
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Noticed this odd box on the light pole in front of my house today. Anybody know what it is? Nothing (no wires) seems to be going in/out of it.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/18 23:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017