Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parents of slain Jersey City man to hold youth event Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I guess they have no other choice. I guess if it was a PATH outage and not a "brother" shot down on the streets of the elite you might hear something from a ward E rep. its been crickets down there, you would think the shooting took place on MLK drive.

What do you want her to do? Demand more cops patrolling Ward E. This was a random killing. It?s not like her constituents are now afraid to walk outside at night.
I?d rather have her spending more time complaining about the PATH service, then worrying about having more cops by the PATH station.

This happened in Greenville, of course you'd want your rep to make a bigger deal about another murder, because that is problem there.

If you think this was a random killing then you are an idiot and she should do nothing as you said.

It's hard to buy the simplistic random killing explanation, given the published facts. And where else are the PAPD and JCPD patrolling at 3am, if not major transport hubs like Journal Square and Grove Street? I think Reesy's family and the community deserve better answers.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Raw grief and words of praise for the man who was fatally shot in downtown Jersey City last Saturday poured out today as hundreds of people turned out for his wake, funeral and burial in Jersey City.

Just after 10 a.m., more than 70 family members of Darren Maurice ?Reese? Talington, 25, of Jersey City arrived at the Metropolitan A.M.E. Zion Church at 597 Bergen Ave. When they stepped out of their cars, a line of fully uniformed Jersey City firemen saluted them.

At the time of his death, Talington had just passed the written and physical exams necessary to become a Jersey City firefighter. He frequented the city?s fire houses with his brother, a firefighter.

Read More

Posted on: 2014/5/3 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
If you think this was a random killing then you are an idiot and she should do nothing as you said.

Genius, enlighten me how this is an indication of a rising trend of violent crime downtown

Posted on: 2014/5/3 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
[quote]
user1111 wrote:
I guess they have no other choice. I guess if it was a PATH outage and not a "brother" shot down on the streets of the elite you might hear something from a ward E rep. its been crickets down there, you would think the shooting took place on MLK drive.
quote]

What do you want her to do? Demand more cops patrolling Ward E. This was a random killing. It?s not like her constituents are now afraid to walk outside at night.
I?d rather have her spending more time complaining about the PATH service, then worrying about having more cops by the PATH station.

This happened in Greenville, of course you'd want your rep to make a bigger deal about another murder, because that is problem there.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
user1111 wrote:
quote]

Posted on: 2014/5/2 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/2 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Good chance for the neighborhood to step up and show support for their Ward E/F brother.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/2 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Good chance for the neighborhood to step up and show support for their Ward E/F brother.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 10:57
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
A heartfelt and inspiring way to deal with a tragedy. Props to them.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 21:52

Parents of slain Jersey City man to hold youth event Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

The parents of the Jersey City man gunned down outside a Downtown deli on Saturday will be holding a free day of fun and educational events for children at The Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center on Saturday, the day after their son is to be buried.

?My heart will be heavy so I have to let them know there is another direction than the bad direction,? said Andrew Kemp, 57, the adopted father of Darren Talington, 25, who was killed after apparently defending a woman who had been struck with a bottle by a drunk man.

Read More

Posted on: 2014/5/1 21:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017