Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Developer sells his posh Edgewater building after violent home invasion robbery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
A crazy story but I wonder if more is going on here. Who keeps $2 million in cash and jewelry in their home? Did this guy owe the neighbors a debt of some kind?

Posted on: 2014/3/21 17:28

Re: Developer sells his posh Edgewater building after violent home invasion robbery
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
wow. people are nutz. I was about to say inside job until I read the last few sentences about the neighbors.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 16:17

Developer sells his posh Edgewater building after violent home invasion robbery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
James Kleimann/NJ.com

Crime can happen anywhere.

Edgewater- Just three months after he was severely beaten in a home invasion robbery and taken for more than $2 million, prominent developer Fred Daibes sold the luxurious St. Moritz building, according to The Record.

Built in 2004, the tony tower on New Jersey's Gold Coast was sold to Connecticut-based Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors for $120 million in late February, according to The Record. The property boasts a top-notch view of the Manhattan skyline, and features a 24-hour doorman, as well as a fitness center and pool.

Four people broke into Daibes? St. Moritz penthouse on Nov. 26 and beat him before making off with about $2 million, gold and jewelry, authorities said. Daibes suffered broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, as well as bruising to his face and body during the robbery, which lasted three hours.

Four individuals, three of whom were tenants at the St. Moritz, have been charged with the robbery.

It's not clear that the beating and robbery was a factor in Daibes' sale of St. Moritz, The Record reported.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 16:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017