Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Michael Vick and the New York Jets: A Setup for Implosion :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
This is true but I think there is a point where you draw the line. Everyone has their own definition of what that line should be. For me this is over the line. It's not just about abusing and fighting dogs, it's the level that he took it to that make it abhorrent. Blaming it on being from a poor urban area just makes it worse.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
I'm a dog lover, so what he did made me sick.. but if you only want to watch moral men play football you should have stopped watching the NFL a long time ago.

Posted on: 2014/3/24 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a dog lover, so what he did made me sick.. but if you only want to watch moral men play football you should have stopped watching the NFL a long time ago.

Posted on: 2014/3/24 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
The more I learn about this the more repulsed I become. Unbelievable that this guy is allowed to play in the NFL. This reflects horribly poor judgment on the Jets and Johnson & Johnson. There are other QB's out there that they could have picked up. The people who say he did his time and I'm still gonna root for the Jets, I hope that you fully explore the depth of his atrocities and come to terms with cheering for a guy who put dogs in bathtubs and electrocuted them for fun and profit. I will be skipping the Jets games until he is released.

Not sure what people are referring to when they say it's just the culture. What culture in this country promotes canine savagery? He grew up in Newport News, VA. So it's culturally acceptable because he was poor, black and from VA? That's BS!

Vick said it was part of the culture for poor people in urban neighborhoods and if you weren't from there, you wouldn't know.

His exact quote is:

"Some of us had to grow up in poverty-stricken urban neighborhoods, and we just had to adapt to our environment. I know that it's wrong. But people act like it's some crazy thing they never heard of. They don't know."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shut ... le-act-lik?urn=nfl-wp5294

Posted on: 2014/3/24 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I surmise that the sale of his name and number on a JETS jersey will not be a hit with families aware of his history and conviction

Posted on: 2014/3/24 3:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
The more I learn about this the more repulsed I become. Unbelievable that this guy is allowed to play in the NFL. This reflects horribly poor judgment on the Jets and Johnson & Johnson. There are other QB's out there that they could have picked up. The people who say he did his time and I'm still gonna root for the Jets, I hope that you fully explore the depth of his atrocities and come to terms with cheering for a guy who put dogs in bathtubs and electrocuted them for fun and profit. I will be skipping the Jets games until he is released.

Not sure what people are referring to when they say it's just the culture. What culture in this country promotes canine savagery? He grew up in Newport News, VA. So it's culturally acceptable because he was poor, black and from VA? That's BS!

Posted on: 2014/3/24 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
I hope the dog killer breaks his neck.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Newark will be a great place for him to hold his dog fights.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 16:05
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
As a die hard Eagles fan, I wasn't thrilled when he was signed 4 years ago. It's amusing to read all the responses from the Jets fan base, many of them are pretty redundant. I watched closely his on and off field words and actions. He played every hand right, stayed away from the media, stayed humble, spoke publicly about his mistakes, donated to charity and united a fractured locker room. The man is an asset that a lot of teams would be lucky to have, however they choose to use him. As human beings we all value second chances in life, and he's worked very hard to make his meaningful.

Well then maybe I'm reacting to his fans saying that it's a cultural thing and because of that he can't be blamed for what he did. Like I said, it would be great rooting for a local team this year.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
As a die hard Eagles fan, I wasn't thrilled when he was signed 4 years ago. It's amusing to read all the responses from the Jets fan base, many of them are pretty redundant. I watched closely his on and off field words and actions. He played every hand right, stayed away from the media, stayed humble, spoke publicly about his mistakes, donated to charity and united a fractured locker room. The man is an asset that a lot of teams would be lucky to have, however they choose to use him. As human beings we all value second chances in life, and he's worked very hard to make his meaningful.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Well I had my fun watching the Seahawks win last year so it would be fun watching the Jets or Giants win this year. But not with Michael Vick. I have no desire to forgive him for torturing dogs.

Posted on: 2014/3/23 10:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Well, it's Vick or Sanchez.

Go Giants?

Posted on: 2014/3/23 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like a non-article. I don't understand the guy's point. How does that first quote demonstrate that Vick is not ready to be a mentor, like the author is trying to make you believe?

Vick says he is first here to help out Geno but secondly they are going to compete for a starting job. So what, that's what virtually every athlete in his position would do. Of course he wants to start, but that doesn't mean he will if he plays worse than Geno.

Having said that, I'm not thrilled with this move not for the nonsense spouted in this article but because I don't really see the point. He is very old and often injured. What I think will happen is he is a better QB than Geno so he will win the starting job, then get hurt midway through the season. I guess the Jets think even if this happens it's worth it because the partnership with Vick will help Geno develop more as a player.

For only $5 million, I am not too concerned either way.

Posted on: 2014/3/22 17:19

Michael Vick and the New York Jets: A Setup for Implosion :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Good morning New Jersey. If anyone was away from the news, or out-of-town, and haven?t heard yet, Michael Vick is a member of the New York Jets. Mark Sanchez was unceremoniously released yesterday, and Vick is here, on a one year, $5 million contract.

Much of the fan base is jacked up over this signing. Why not? He was the top quarterback on the free agent market, and now he?s here. That?s exciting, right?

Unfortunately, despite the good reasons to bring Michael Vick in here, this is the wrong match for THIS team. This setup is tailor-made for a classic Jets implosion. I hope beyond hope that I am wrong. I will be up front cheering for him as hard as anyone. I hope that my opinion is wrong.

I don?t believe that it is.

More: http://thejetpress.com/2014/03/22/mic ... ork-jets-setup-implosion/

Posted on: 2014/3/22 12:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017