Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Ticket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
Yes I am. It's the same street where I've parked for 3 years living at my current address.

As someone mentioned, Parking Authority is sending me a document confirming that I have a parking permit. I'll be in court, its a waste of a vacation day or half day but not letting them take $42 for nothing on principle.

It is too bad that you have to lose vacation days on account of revenge by the parking authority. It will be interesting to see who replaces them in the Public Saftety Dept. Be prepared for more fabricated tickets.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 14:49
Get on your bikes and ride !

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
We've all gotten our fair share of parking tickets before and I gone to court and fought them, etc. However Friday I received one for parking without a valid permit when I clearly have a permit displayed in my window as outlined by the directions and where my permits have been the last 8 years I've had them.

Has anyone had any luck writing into the JCPA with proof you have a permit, etc and resolving a ticket so you do not have to go to court/miss work?

Thanks.

Are you 100% sure you were in the right zone? Certain areas are pretty messed up. That said, I think you have to go to court no matter what if you want to fight it, I don't think this is the 1st time this issue of bogus tickets has been brought up.

Yes I am. It's the same street where I've parked for 3 years living at my current address.

As someone mentioned, Parking Authority is sending me a document confirming that I have a parking permit. I'll be in court, its a waste of a vacation day or half day but not letting them take $42 for nothing on principle.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 14:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Just spotted a PARKING WITHOUT A VALID PERMIT ticket on the car in front of my place, but it appears to be correct in this case. JCPA is definitely making its presence known this week.

Oh, also, the only time I've had to go to JC to fight a parking ticket, it was during an evening court session, so I did not miss any work. I don't recall if that was the luck of the draw, or if I requested that somewhere in the process though.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Because they are about to be dissolved the parking authority has been egregious in writing tickets to justify their existence. Also as far as being able to go to court, sure you will be found not guilty but this is a ploy to gain a few extra dollars for the city's coffers. I know a few people that requested a day's pay for this false summons writing. Just like the boot refund, perhaps the mayor should work on accuracy in ticket writing.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 11:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I also got a parking ticket for "Parking Without Valid Permit" today, the sticker is on the back left side of the car where it's been for 2 years without an issue. I think we have a new lazy/uninformed officer on our hands. So annoying because I'm just gonna pay it and they know it. $40 isn't worth my vacation day. Who's to say it's not going to happen again though. I'll have my eye out for the particular officer to ask him why he can't see my permit.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

foodforthought wrote:
I too was faced with this issue... I called the parking authority and explained the situation. They sent me a copy of my valid parking permit with a JCPA stamp. I took it to court and after sitting there for over 2.5hours it was dismissed... Good Luck

Makes you wonder if they don't do it deliberately figuring a large proportion of people would decide taking a half day off from work would cost more than just sucking it up and paying.

Is it true the JCPA get paid based on the number of tickets they write, not on the number that the City is able to collect? That value chain seems broken.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

foodforthought wrote:
I too was faced with this issue... I called the parking authority and explained the situation. They sent me a copy of my valid parking permit with a JCPA stamp. I took it to court and after sitting there for over 2.5hours it was dismissed... Good Luck

Makes you wonder if they don't do it deliberately figuring a large proportion of people would decide taking a half day off from work would cost more than just sucking it up and paying.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 0:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/12 22:00
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/10 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
You have to go to court to contest the ticket. ("tell it to the judge") The new computerized indestructable tickets go straight to Trenton via the wireless ticket writing machine. You can confirm this online.

Posted on: 2014/3/10 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
We've all gotten our fair share of parking tickets before and I gone to court and fought them, etc. However Friday I received one for parking without a valid permit when I clearly have a permit displayed in my window as outlined by the directions and where my permits have been the last 8 years I've had them.

Has anyone had any luck writing into the JCPA with proof you have a permit, etc and resolving a ticket so you do not have to go to court/miss work?

Thanks.

Are you 100% sure you were in the right zone? Certain areas are pretty messed up. That said, I think you have to go to court no matter what if you want to fight it, I don't think this is the 1st time this issue of bogus tickets has been brought up.

Posted on: 2014/3/10 16:17

Parking Ticket
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/3/10 13:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017