Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze at Islamic center in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Let me ask all of you who are religious - is it the same God that Muslims, Christians, Jews and any other believers pray to, or do you have your own God?

For Muslims, Christians and Jews it's generally accepted it's the same God that Abraham worshiped.

Posted on: 2014/3/1 6:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Let me ask all of you who are religious - is it the same God that Muslims, Christians, Jews and any other believers pray to, or do you have your own God?

Posted on: 2014/3/1 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
I am very sad about this. This was a center for our friends who were muslim. Itis a center for families. Special prayers for everyone.

Posted on: 2014/3/1 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(Yvonne here's a piece about the buses)

When fire leaves Muslims without mosque, Jersey City provides Armory

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
on February 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM, updated February 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Members of Jersey City?s Al Tawheed Islamic Center lost their mosque to a fire this morning, but they found a place to continue their daily prayers when city officials provided the Jersey City Armory for the day.

And while the city came through in a pinch -- even providing bus service from the West Side Avenue center to the armory on Montgomery Street -- Newark Archbishop John J. Myers has asked his staff "explore possible places for worship for the future,? said Jim Goodness, a spokesman for the archdiocese.

?We all saw how the Jersey City community really came together today,? said Islamic Center Board of Trustees President Ibrahim Eldewak, 59, inside the cavernous armory building after nearly 200 members participated in afternoon prayers.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ost_476.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/3/1 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I've notice 4 buses with MG plates (municipal government) near the place. I am guessing it is there to transport people to other Mosques.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Actually I meant due to the nature of the investigation stay clear of the area.

Again, there is no reason to treat this different than any other fire. The FBI are not going to target anyone for walking down the same street as a Muslim center.

Quote:
And with the wiring some people do not think when approaching something.

We have no idea what caused the fire. Maybe the FD will explain it, maybe not.

In any event, it doesn't really matter. It's just another building, another fire, another day.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
(heights I really don?t think this was a case of ?Muslim lightning. Too many people relied on it for their prayers. Also like I said they turned an abandoned building into their Center years ago and recently got rid of an eyesore building across the street. I will admit trying to drive down West Side at certain times of the day is insane but it does bring a lot of people into the community which is good for all.)

?Ibrahim said 200 to 300 people appear at the Islamic Center five times a day for regular prayers, while up to 2,000 people have shown up for Friday prayer.

He said members of the Islamic Center -- which has been around since 1994 -- might go to other mosques in the area for the time being.?

Jersey City Islamic center fire disrupts Muslim community's prayer schedule

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... chedule.html#incart_river

Sounds like a well used facility hopefully they can revive it to it's previous state less code violations if any.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 18:40
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(heights I really don?t think this was a case of ?Muslim lightning. Too many people relied on it for their prayers. Also like I said they turned an abandoned building into their Center years ago and recently got rid of an eyesore building across the street. I will admit trying to drive down West Side at certain times of the day is insane but it does bring a lot of people into the community which is good for all.)

?Ibrahim said 200 to 300 people appear at the Islamic Center five times a day for regular prayers, while up to 2,000 people have shown up for Friday prayer.

He said members of the Islamic Center -- which has been around since 1994 -- might go to other mosques in the area for the time being.?

Jersey City Islamic center fire disrupts Muslim community's prayer schedule

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... chedule.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/2/28 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
I would not go near this area all day due to the nature of the building.

Heights, you're really out of line here. How sad that in your skeptical world, mosque leaders were cooking up a bomb, or had rigged up their own faulty wiring (because that's what people in the third-world do, right?). Had this been a church, what would you write then? You really do have to expand your horizons a bit, dear.

Actually I meant due to the nature of the investigation stay clear of the area. And with the wiring some people do not think when approaching something. I've seen it and also read about it. Ask any insurance company this is probably why we have high rates in this area. Injuries to firemen and other public safety personal are at risk. Insurance companies are allowed to base rates on any criteria out there. You are accepting which is ok but try not to be too trusting after all you are a Jersey mom. I'd hate to have to say "I told you so". Nobody ever wants to hear anything after the fact.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I would not go near this area all day due to the nature of the building.

Heights, you're really out of line here. How sad that in your skeptical world, mosque leaders were cooking up a bomb, or had rigged up their own faulty wiring (because that's what people in the third-world do, right?). Had this been a church, what would you write then? You really do have to expand your horizons a bit, dear.

The mosque that burned down this morning serves hundreds of good, hard working Muslim families in our community. They work closely with young soldiers helping them learn the culture and faith when they travel abroad on military missions. They also provide community outreach and help.

Dare I say, you should really sit down and share a meal with a Muslim family one day and learn that your perception of Islam is quite inconsistent with the realities of the second largest religion (and the fastest growing) in the world.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alternatively, maybe it was the wiring.

Another great reason for the cause of the blaze. It is not unheard of where building owners try to rig up their own electrical system instead of a licensed electrician. Electrical and plumbing must be up to code. At least there were no injuries to anyone or any firemen..that we heard so far through the news reports.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 17:19

Edited by heights on 2014/2/28 17:34:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is now quite clear that heights has reverted to his old, previous self: nonsensical, xenophobic, and racist, with a penchant for rambling posts. That, or he is off his meds. Either way, do us all a favor and restrain yourself, please.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see any reason to treat this any different than any other fire.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
I would not go near this area all day due to the nature of the building. I am sure there will be an ongoing investigation. Not sure if this was the place where two of the 9-11 masterminds were or was it the place on Kennedy at JSQ. There have been problems here for many years. The people that frequently visited the building would collect parking tickets constantly. Perhaps the fire was due to an insurance issue. I'm sure this will be ironed out during the the search by various government agencies.

You're a fucking moron.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
I would not go near this area all day due to the nature of the building. I am sure there will be an ongoing investigation. Not sure if this was the place where two of the 9-11 masterminds were or was it the place on Kennedy at JSQ. There have been problems here for many years. The people that frequently visited the building would collect parking tickets constantly. Perhaps the fire was due to an insurance issue. I'm sure this will be ironed out during the the search by various government agencies.

alternatively, maybe it was the wiring.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/28 14:50

Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze at Islamic center in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(sad... that Center was there for a long time and they really are an asset to the community. They just ripped down an old eyesore factory across the street and made a nice parking area. )(RIP to the JCFD fireman who passed in Wallington)

Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze at Islamic center in Jersey City after news of firefighter's death in Wallington blaze

By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal
on February 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM, updated February 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM

A three-alarm blaze broke out at an Islamic center in Jersey City this morning, causing heavy damage to the building, witnesses at the scene say.

JJ piece...

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ngton_b.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/2/28 14:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017