Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City police officer a cast member on 'Survivor: Cagayan'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

A veteran Jersey City police officer will compete against another cop, a former NBA player, the president of a Major League baseball team and and 15 other people in the 28th season of "Survivior," the popular CBS reality show.

"I'm going to bring everything but honesty, honor, integrity and loyalty -- I'm saving that for back home," Tony Vlachos, 39, who works out of Jersey City's North District, said in a brief interview on the show's website.

The spring edition of Survivor, filmed in Cagayan, a province in the Philippines, is themed ?Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty.?The show's pemiere is Feb. 26.

The muscular Vlachos is a member of the Brawn tribe, and says that his experience as police officer will propel him to the $1 million prize.

"I got what it takes," Vlachos said in the website interview. "I'm born and raised in Jersey City. ... Nobody's going to outwit me in the streets and no one is going to outwit me on Survivor."

Cliff Robinson, who played 18 seasons in the NBA, with the Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets, is also in the cast.

The cast also includes David Samson, team president of the Miami Marlins; and Police Officer Sarah Lacina, 29, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She, too, thinks her police background gives her a decided advantage in the game.

JJ

Posted on: 2014/1/22 22:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017