Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cafe 95
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Cafe 95 opens in Jersey City

By Joseph R. Vena/The Jersey Journal
September 27, 2013 at 3:05 AM

A new cafe in Downtown Jersey City had an outpouring of curious patrons at its grand opening and ribbon cutting earlier this month, no doubt due to the unique middle ground that it strikes between sit-down restaurant and casual dining.

Cafe 95, 299 Marin Blvd., which owner Mike Ryan explains was previously a deli half of its current size, offers an extensive selection of food and a variety of ways for customers to receive it.

Customers have the option of picking up ready-made meals through a hot food and cold salad line, as well as menu options cooked to order which include gourmet sandwiches, paninis, burgers, salads and Italian food. Pizza, which Ryan hopes will become the ?icon? of the cafe, is available both in-house and for delivery.

Cafe 95 also features a ?grab and go? section with pre-made sandwiches and wraps.

?We?re trying to be everything to everybody,? he said when describing the concept.

Ryan noted that while the cafe?s previous incarnation was hidden away in and primarily served the employees and clientele of the office building in which it resides, a newly added front entrance and outside seating area will welcome everyone to enjoy their fare.

?We want to be able to service the corporate structure as well as the community,? he said. ?There are 1,500 to 2,000 people in this building at all times, and the community is growing.?

He also expressed his intent to keep the establishment green. Aside from using 100 percent recycled paper products, live plants adorn sections of the dining area, including a ?living wall,? which he explains waters itself through a special irrigation system.

Ryan has been operating businesses in Jersey City for 25 years. He shares ownership of Cafe 95 with four other partners. His previous ventures include Michael Anthony?s, two PJ Ryan?s locations, one of which he stills owns, and Coles Street Cafe, which he has since sold.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... opens_in_jersey_city.html

Posted on: 2013/9/27 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
according to fb it is 299 marin, which is more like montgomery & marin. However, their website says 95 columbus. It is solely a breakfast & lunch place (close at 4).

Posted on: 2013/9/26 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Places called "Cafe" or "Bar" and then a number (typically the street number of the building it's in), is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Just seems so 2003. But anyway, what corner of Marin and Columbus? Is it a restaurant or a cafe?

Posted on: 2013/9/26 15:50

Cafe 95

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/9 16:12
From New York
Group:
Registered Users
I was at Marin and Christopher Columbus the other day and I noticed a new place that just opened, Cafe 95. The place looked real nice, but I didn't have the time to eat there. Has anyone checked it out?

Posted on: 2013/9/26 15:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017