Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 'Body by Jake' visits Jersey City school to open new gym
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
He's not Schwarzenegger however:

You are incorrect... Here is a bit about his background:

Jake Steinfeld is a world-renowned fitness expert and motivator who founded Major League Lacrosse in 1998. The founder and chairman of Body By Jake Global? LLC, he pioneered the personal-fitness training industry and created America?s first fitness-lifestyle television network, FitTV. He served as chair of the Governor?s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports for California, and is presently the chair of the National Foundation for Governor?s Fitness Councils. Jake is also the New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author of I?ve Seen a Lot of Famous People Naked, and They?ve Got Nothing On You!, as well as Power Living by Jake: Eleven Lessons to Change Your Life; Don?t Quit: Motivation and Exercise to Bring Out the Winner in You?One Day at a Time; and Get Strong!: Body By Jake?s Guide to Building Confidence, Muscles, and a Great Future for Teenage Guys. Jake, his wife Tracey, and their four children live in Los Angeles, California.

Case and point is that we need children to meet people just like him more often.

Posted on: 2013/9/25 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not convinced that 'Body by Jake' is the ideal role model for kids in schools - Having a neck as thick as your head isn't a balanced health and nutrition program for kids; Give me the training regime of a tennis, swimming, surfing or softball professional anytime as the need for weights in a gym aren't necessary for kids with growing bodies.

The first basic step needed for some kids is just to run / walk a block each day and a good diet.

Posted on: 2013/9/25 2:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
The City should start improving the health and fitness of children by acquiring green space for the public schools. An indoor gym is no substitute for outside space for children. Currently, most Jersey City schools have no designated green space, let along a soccer field, track field, etc. This is a serious embarrassment and the City should really be ashamed for not making this a priority. Use the power of eminent domain - start buying up some nearby lots, and change the future of Jersey City schools!

Posted on: 2013/9/25 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is awesome, at the moment there is no gym servicing this area. Great News.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 17:33

'Body by Jake' visits Jersey City school to open new gym
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
'Body by Jake' visits Jersey City school to open new gym

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

The principal of Jersey City?s School 40 commissioned a study of the school?s population recently, and found that almost 50 percent of its roughly 400 middle schoolers are overweight, while 24 percent are obese.

Hoping to get the kids? waists trimmer, Principal Francine Luce applied for, and won, a $100,000 grant to build a fitness center inside the Gates Avenue middle school.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/9/24 17:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017